Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I will be looking for partners to split ST with this upcoming year or will be dumping them.

I can’t sell my tickets for 50% of my STH cost. Yes that will change if the club improves but image if McD gets injured or wasn’t here. Yikes.

But they AREN'T going to improve next year though. We are going to be just as bad as this year, and could be significantly worst if McDavid or Drai are injured. This team is a train wreck, and we don't have anybody riding to our rescue on a white horse either. We very likely won't be good for at least another 3-4 years to be honest, as we wait for the cap to catch up to the crazy contracts that Chia handed out like candy this year.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Best way to create change is to not renew.
Our family (including some extended family) recently decided no more money towards the Oilers until Chiarelli is fired, simple as that. We were all complaining about him at a recent bday get together and just decided that was the best way forward. Not one penny towards tickets, merch etc. Will still keep TV exposure as that is not direct...and well, I still need to watch from a distance, an addiction is an addiction. But we needed to draw the line somewhere, just complaining does nothing. Money saved from my immediate family goes into a vacation fund. It also helps my mental well being, seeing what Chiarelli has done to this team literally turns my stomach so a little less exposure to his tire fire is a required health adjustment.
Now to hear they are raising prices, its shocking.

This every time, and its the only way meaningful change will occur.

Bettman got a good look at all the empty seats in a stated sold out building. (it isn't) So many empty that it starts resembling Honda Center. This can't be amusing to Bettman that a one year old rink is now so quickly associated with this fan apathy and outright disinterest in the product. On a night where tickets were being posted for 28bucks and even at that few buying.

This is signs of failure in one of the best markets in the league. In a brand new arena. Its almost impossible to screw that, and McDavid attraction up so quickly. OEG couldn't sell me a car. Or a rental.

In anycase I saw through this org in 2006- 2007. That was my defining moment that was ontop of other moments but which finally pushed me from spending one cent on this org. I wish more people would make that decision for change.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Our family (including some extended family) recently decided no more money towards the Oilers until Chiarelli is fired, simple as that. We were all complaining about him at a recent bday get together and just decided that was the best way forward. Not one penny towards tickets, merch etc. Will still keep TV exposure as that is not direct...and well, I still need to watch from a distance, an addiction is an addiction. But we needed to draw the line somewhere, just complaining does nothing. Money saved from my immediate family goes into a vacation fund. It also helps my mental well being, seeing what Chiarelli has done to this team literally turns my stomach so a little less exposure to his tire fire is a required health adjustment.
I’d be curious to know how many people like you give up their seats, realize what else they could do with that money and then never go back. You guys make huge financial commitments to the team.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
This every time, and its the only way meaningful change will occur.

Bettman got a good look at all the empty seats in a stated sold out building. (it isn't) So many empty that it starts resembling Honda Center. This can't be amusing to Bettman that a one year old rink is now so quickly associated with this fan apathy and outright disinterest in the product. On a night where tickets were being posted for 28bucks and even at that few buying.

This is signs of failure in one of the best markets in the league. In a brand new arena. Its almost impossible to screw that, and McDavid attraction up so quickly. OEG couldn't sell me a car. Or a rental.

In anycase I saw through this org in 2006- 2007. That was my defining moment that was ontop of other moments but which finally pushed me from spending one cent on this org. I wish more people would make that decision for change.
Contempt for the organization or not and I have plenty. These guys priced me out long before they moved to the new rink. There was a time I spent every extra dollar I had on Oilers tickets. I’ve gotten so used to never going that it never even occurs to me to get tickets for a game.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I won’t be giving mine up.

I enjoy live Oiler hockey, actually any live hockey, but to have NHL hockey is just icing on the top.

We have the best player in the world, fill in a couple pieces and the cup will be home again.

Disappointed season this year? Yup for sure, but unless you win the cup it’s a disappointing season every year. It’s sports.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
We're considering not renewing after owning tickets for 15 years. The organization is a mess and raising prices by 3% is a slap in the face to every season ticket holder who has financially supported this joke of a team.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
If we had league average goaltending, PP and PK we’d be in the mix for a playoff spot right now. This group is almost the exact same group as last years.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If we had league average goaltending, PP and PK we’d be in the mix for a playoff spot right now. This group is almost the exact same group as last years.

That's still not good enough. Being the Calgary Flames is a low bar given what this team could have been if properly managed for the last three years.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
who would have thought the Oilers would be 23-30 at this point in the season if you were to ask Oiler fans back in the fall? how pathetic is that? :thumbd:

Just do what were gonna do. 2 BIG family Vacations a year and we will still be saving a few grand a year

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
^yup. big one coming for us in the summer but for now i still watch but i don't even cheer, not even when we score or when we have a lead because i know we'll never hold it. the seasons end can't come quick enough !

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
Question. I'm not sure this is the thread for it but I don't see any other place for it. I'm listening to Gregors show today & Gregor & Struds were going at it over a number of things, but primarily over the Cities & OEG/Katz Group lack of support for anything that isn't Katz related ( ie FC Edmonton, Pro lacrosse, CFR...etc). But in that discussion Gregor says that the Oilers Community Foundation charges a 60% admin fee, so that if they raise 10 mil, 6 mil goes to OEG (or somewhere like that). If true, its hardly a philanthropic venture. Frankly, given how those guys conduct their business, this wouldn't surprise me, but I find that really tough to believe. Anyone hear anything like that?

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Question. I'm not sure this is the thread for it but I don't see any other place for it. I'm listening to Gregors show today & Gregor & Struds were going at it over a number of things, but primarily over the Cities & OEG/Katz Group lack of support for anything that isn't Katz related ( ie FC Edmonton, Pro lacrosse, CFR...etc). But in that discussion Gregor says that the Oilers Community Foundation charges a 60% admin fee, so that if they raise 10 mil, 6 mil goes to OEG (or somewhere like that). If true, its hardly a philanthropic venture. Frankly, given how those guys conduct their business, this wouldn't surprise me, but I find that really tough to believe. Anyone hear anything like that?

Wow, I'd like to see a source for that. Seems borderline criminal at face value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->