Season Outlook: Detroit Red Wings

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Detroit1.jpg

HockeyIntangibles: Season Outlook: Detroit Red Wings

Team Status: The Red Wings are currently rebuilding their team. The team had a great run as one of the league's most successful teams and had a crazy streak of making the playoffs but is now paying for it. The team had a strong draft this past June but it will be a couple of years before the team is back to contending status...

Hey there! Next up is Detroit! Detroit was a pretty difficult team to write up on, specifically the line up portion. Larkin as a centre seems iffy to me, so we'll have to see how that goes.

Truthfully I think Wings fans are smart enough to know it's mostly a rebuild year. I felt you guys had a fantastic draft in June and may only need a few years to bounce back if the team continues like this. I didn't touch on this in the piece but also wonder if Yzerman takes the helm soon.

Hope I did okay by you guys/gals with the piece and if anyone wants to come on board and write regularly on the Wings, I would love to have you. Feel free to PM me.

Cheers everyone =)

Last edited:

Slapper

Oct 26, 2015
View attachment 141193

HockeyIntangibles: Season Outlook: Detroit Red Wings

Hey there! Next up is Detroit! Detroit was a pretty difficult team to write up on, specifically the line up portion. Larkin as a centre seems iffy to me, so we'll have to see how that goes.

Truthfully I think Wings fans are smart enough to know it's mostly a rebuild year. I felt you guys had a fantastic draft in June and may only need a few years to bounce back if the team continues like this. I didn't touch on this in the piece but also wonder if Yzerman takes the helm soon.

Hope I did okay by you guys/gals with the piece and if anyone wants to come on board and write regularly on the Wings, I would love to have you. Feel free to PM me.

Cheers everyone =)

Over 60 points last season as a C wasn't enough to convince you?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Quite optimistic estimation, "Bottom 5 to 10 finish". Which 4 teams will be worse than us?

I'll predict us being 2nd last.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Quite optimistic estimation, "Bottom 5 to 10 finish". Which 4 teams will be worse than us?

I'll predict us being 2nd last.
I think Arizona, Buffalo, and Vancouver all should stay above Detroit in the standings, leaving Ottawa and Montreal as the most likely candidates to join the Wings at rock bottom. Maybe all those young centers surprise people for the Habs, maybe not. But between all the front office drama and now dealing Karlsson, I'd be very surprised if the Senators don't drop like a rock.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
leaving Ottawa and Montreal as the most likely candidates to join the Wings at rock bottom

Here's hoping Price stays healthy, I guess. I don't know how you compete, at least in the preseason, for being as bereft of talent/interest/will-to-live as Ottawa, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->