Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
OT 3-2 loss.

1) Canucks hold a one goal lead with a minute to go in regulation
2) Joe Thornton gets shot with an invisible harpoon, then instantly heals.
3) Sharks score with seconds left in regulation
4) Joe Thornton gets shot with an invisible harpoon, then instantly heals in overtime & the Sharks score again on the resulting power play.

Book it.

I've edited your post for accuracy.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
:laugh: you're so lame

( / I totally sympathize with your inability to contain your inner humourless pedant who is truly calling the shots)

Pretty much. Which is why I often just throw my hands up in the air and pray to Cthulhu to wake from his dread slumber in R'lyeh long enough to give me guidance.

Or, as Julian Barnes famously (semi famously?) once said in Flaubert's Parrots: "Irony -- the modern mode: either the devil's mark or the snorkel of sanity." I see no need to make a distinction between the two :sarcasm:

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
i sure hope sutherland and auger, who mysteriously comes out of retirement, are reffing this one.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
i sure hope sutherland and auger, who mysteriously comes out of retirement, are reffing this one.

:laugh: And the league okays the creation of a new penalty for this game only:
"#14, white, 5 minutes and a game misconduct for 'go **** yourself' at the zero minute mark of the first period".

yoss

May 25, 2011
I see no Alberts or Weber in that line-up, so it gives me a ray of hope. 4-2 Vancouver with an empty netter. Daniel, Kesler on the PP Hansen & Santorelli with goals.

Sharks score on both of their 5 on 3's (but go only 2 for 13 on the PP). Lu with an impressive 85 saves on 87 shots.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Not that I'm hating on Weber & Alberts but I do remember that d pairing together against Sharks preseason and they were responsible for most if not all the goals, one way or another. Might be closer than people think, so I tell myself anyways.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Not that I'm hating on Weber & Alberts but I do remember that d pairing together against Sharks preseason and they were responsible for most if not all the goals, one way or another. Might be closer than people think, so I tell myself anyways.

I believe they finished the night -4, so you're not wrong. They were hideous in that game.

Stanton was clearly brought in because neither Weber nor Alberts impressed Tortorella. Hopefully Stanton can seize his opportunity here.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Elliott Pap‏@ElliottPap7m
Nux coming out for practice and based on colored jerseys, lines will be same as Tuesday so Dalpe as 4th line cent

Elliott Pap‏@ElliottPap19m
Sedin twins, most skilled players on Nux, doing pre-practice session with skills coach Glenn Carnegie at UBC. re. #canucks

Elliott Pap‏@ElliottPap29m
Unsigned ex-Canuck Manny Malhotra skating with UBC TBirds in rink next door to where Nux having 11 am practice. #canucks

Brad Ziemer‏@BradZiemer4m
Stanton again skating on third pair with Tanev. #

Jim Jamieson‏@JamiesonCanucks1m
#Canucks Santorelli centering third line with Richardson on RW, Booth on LW.

Last edited:

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I bet ya this game goes to OT. Expect to see a motivated Canucks team pushing hard offensively, especially Kesler and the Sedins. I think this team has something to prove, and that collective thought should translate into an excellent effort tomorrow night. The Sharks have their share of question marks; rookie Hertl starting on the 1st line, and both Irwin and Braun starting in the top 4 are the main things that jump out.

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
I bet ya this game goes to OT. Expect to see a motivated Canucks team pushing hard offensively, especially Kesler and the Sedins. I think this team has something to prove, and that collective thought should translate into an excellent effort tomorrow night. The Sharks have their share of question marks; rookie Hertl starting on the 1st line, and both Irwin and Braun starting in the top 4 are the main things that jump out.

Whom scored 2 goals on us last game.

blendini

Jul 15, 2012
Guys are still adjusting to new coach/system. Hoping to see our pp get a chance to shine.

SJ will need to watch out for the incoming off Garri's stick.:D

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Looking forward to Stanton's first game. Hopefully he brings the edge I've read about. A pairing with him and Tanev could solidify us outside of the top four.

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
GDT is as pretty as your face, sweetie.
dhMeAzK.gif

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I believe they finished the night -4, so you're not wrong. They were hideous in that game.

Stanton was clearly brought in because neither Weber nor Alberts impressed Tortorella. Hopefully Stanton can seize his opportunity here.

Yep. And the only goal Alberts was not on the ice for came as a result of a stupid penalty he took. So you may as well blame him for everything that night. :laugh:

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Bottom 6 would look a lot better with Kassian and Schroeder in the line-up, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad