GDT: Season Opener! Game #1: Canucks @ Sharks || Oct 3/13 7PM PDT TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Sharks top line will get off to its customary nuclear-hot start before seeing their production drop month-over-month as the season wears on.

17-2 Sharks.

Last edited:

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Wow! A bit of a mismatch in third line centers. Pavelski vs Santorelli. Sharks have insane depth at center and that's a weakness for us after our first two guys. Look for San Jose to exploit the mismatch with last change at home.

Last edited:

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Unreal GDT, excited for this! kill the Sharks, killer Whales!

Would've like to have seen Shinkaruk play at least a couple games with the big club.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Sharks top line will get off to its customary nuclear-hot start before seening their production drop month-over-month as the season wears on.

17-2 Sharks.

Weird that SJ finished behind the Canucks in GF/G during the regular season going 2.42 G/G (24th), while the Canucks went 2.54 G/G (19th, tied with DET). The "one line" Canucks, that is.

Matchstick

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
I dunno, I think Lou is going to have a great game. The sting of getting swept is still fresh so I expect to see hard hits and fast play.

3-1 Canucks

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Someone jumped the gun on the GAME DAY thread, you made me think it was Thursday for a minute. :laugh:

Anywho, I'm expecting a 3-2 loss. D. Sedin and Hansen with the goals.

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
Love the graphic and chuckled at "Killer whale killers," but then the pedantic part of me wishes to point out that Orcas have actually have been recorded hunting and killing Great White Sharks. They rush them from underneath and flip them upside down, immobilizing them. Then they have a bit of a snack.

Orcas are pack hunters that protect one another -- Great White Sharks flee hundreds of kilometers if they get a scent of another Great White's blood in the water. Orcas are the apex predators*.

This is the only reason I've put up with the Canucks lame logo for as long as I have.

*the Apex predator as recognized by science. Cthulhu save me in your dark eternal slumber.

:laugh: you're so lame

( / I totally sympathize with your inability to contain your inner humourless pedant who is truly calling the shots)

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Someone jumped the gun on the GAME DAY thread, you made me think it was Thursday for a minute. :laugh:

Anywho, I'm expecting a 3-2 loss. D. Sedin and Hansen with the goals.
OT 3-2 loss.

1) Canucks hold a one goal lead with a minute to go in regulation
2) Ref calls a BS penalty on us (probably on a defenseman *breathing* on a Sharks player)
3) Sharks score with seconds left in regulation
4) Canucks get tagged with another BS call in overtime & the Sharks score again on the resulting power play.

Book it.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
OT 3-2 loss.

1) Canucks hold a one goal lead with a minute to go in regulation
2) Ref calls a BS penalty on us (probably on a defenseman *breathing* on a Sharks player)
3) Sharks score with seconds left in regulation
4) Canucks get tagged with another BS call in overtime & the Sharks score again on the resulting power play.

Book it.

That feels familiar.

Oh, wait. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->