Celtics/NBA Playoffs: Round 2 - Game 7 Friday 9 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
strange move for G-League:

Detroit apparently is dropping the Grand Rapids Drive after 2020-21 and has bought Phoenix's G-League franchise and will place them in Detroit for 2021-22; so it's the swan song for the once known Bakersfield Jam once again as G-League will depart Prescott Valley and/or Metro Phoenix after the coming season.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
NBA players have been at the forefront of being public faces against social injustice, but their willful blind spot toward China makes them look absolutely spineless.

Reactions: Bruhin and Mione134

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
NBA players have been at the forefront of being public faces against social injustice, but their willful blind spot toward China makes them look absolutely spineless.

Remember: It's all about the money. It costs the players & coaches like Gregg Poppovich and Steve Kerr nothing to support a cause in this country. It could cost them millions if they speak out about Chinese human rights abuses & China tosses the NBA out of the country in response.

So yes, they're spineless. Greedy & hypocritical as well.

Reactions: Bruhin

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Eh, it’s not so much that for me. They’re fighting for issues that impact them here in their home. Using this logic we could never try and improve us over here if something terrible is happening across the planet, or else we are hypocrites. Now Lebron stepped in it with his response And got the shit he deserved (which I loved because f*** lebron) but ultimately I don’t have a problem with players trying to support a cause in their own country that is personal to them. I don’t think they’re invalidated because they don’t publicly condemn China.

I just don’t think the league should let China abuse the relationship like they are clearly doing. And I don’t think they should be silencing people who DO want to speak out on China like they did with Morey.

Reactions: Alicat

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Most predictable junk ever, why even bother watching.

It's one thing to give a guy a longer leash, maybe not calling the soft fouls...

but man...hard to defend that performance from the refs. Easily should've fouled out FOUR times in the final 3 minutes. Ridiculous bullshit per usual. Glad I don't get invested in the NBA like I do with hockey.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'm glad the Celtics called out the officiating. What happened tonight was blatant favoritism.

Guy kicked Smart in the junk and it oh that's just how he shoots the ball. He then punches Theis in the junk and gets called only for them to say just kidding.

Just garbage from the officials.

Glad the Celtics fought back.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Most predictable junk ever, why even bother watching.

It's one thing to give a guy a longer leash, maybe not calling the soft fouls...

but man...hard to defend that performance from the refs. Easily should've fouled out FOUR times in the final 3 minutes. Ridiculous bullshit per usual. Glad I don't get invested in the NBA like I do with hockey.

It was awful the way the refs called fouls against others when he should have been gone and it might have changed the outcome.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They’ve always fined ppl for criticizing officials, nothing new there

Well earned criticism in this case

Reactions: Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad