Speculation: Season is over, '19-'20, optimist or pessimist?

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
The defense is awful, I don’t think a bunch of 20-21 year olds are going to come save it
Keith looked a fair ways better in the second half. Gus broke out and Murphy improved a lot last season. It isn't all on Jokiharju and Boqvist like we would have thought a few months ago.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Also I am optimistic about next season. 3rd overall can potentially yield a gem for us. Many of our players are on the upswing. Toews looked liked his old self. Kane played MVP caliber hockey. Cat is going to keep improving. The defense will be better next season. I expect that Keith will play like he did the 2nd half of this season, and that Gus will be a source of creativity and energy from the blue line. Murphy should continue on his development and a full season of Jokiharju who looked like our best defender in the term he was up should help. If Adam Boqvist comes up he can benefit the blue line big time as well. I really like our top six going into next season. Hopefully we can add Panarin back but even without him its still a really good top six. My major concern is goaltending but I think having enough rest with the concussion gone will benefit Crawford, plus Delia playing as the backup.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If I just look at the breakdowns of age here, this team has a lot of things going for it next year and beyond -

players 32 and older:
Duncan Keith
Brent Seabrook
Corey Crawford

players 28-32 years old
Artem Anisimov
Patrick Kane
Jonathan Torews

players 25-27 years old
Brandon Saad
Connor Murphy
Erik Gustafsson

players 24 and under
Dominik Kahun
Alex Debrincat
Dylan Strome
Henri Jokiharju
Gus Forsling
Collin Delia
Drake Caggiula
Dylan Sikura
John Hayden
David Kampf
Brendan Perlini
Dominik Kubalik

this is not a team like the Kings, Sharks or Ducks that have a lot of older players, how on Earth can anyone not be optimistic about this group when only 3 players on this roster would be considered outside of prime years?? the vast majority of our team is 26 and under, that means these guys are still learning the game and generally can and do improve. Kane and Toews are barely over 30 years old as well..this is exactly what you want to see from a team trying retool.

if we add 1-2 decent forwards like Donskoi, Tanev, Nelson whoever - they are all 26 and under as well...and will only add to our future core. the Hawks are going to make a big jump next year, they will make the right moves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->