GDT: SEASON FINALE: Canucks @ Blues, 1:00 p.m. PST

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
What I do with my time is of no concern to anyone so don't worry about it.

You said it's splitting hairs when it clearly isn't. Winning the last game when it is not only meaningless but actually damaging to the future of the team is obviously going to be aggravating to some people.

And if you don't like it, go watch another team

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
I was hoping Demko would get the win, this was his finest performance all year. Big saves in big moments.

Glad to see one more Petey bomb. I would hate for the year to have finished on such a big drought. That should be a nice reminder to the Calder voters.

Pearson making a great case to stick around. Granlund faffing about. Edler looked great. Leivo, Gaudette, Virtanen, Eriksson, Schaller invisible. Beagle steady. Hutton had a few of those "whoa now" moments. Stecher solid.

I was hoping for Bo to win the faceoff-off with O'Reilly (almost came away with most FO wins), but oh well. Still a massive year-long performance from our future captain.

Rafferty with that one nice shift but my god, that return pass to Boeser has to go closer to the wheelhouse. It's an easy one time goal, but instead Boeser has to corral it for a split second. Seems to be the case with him-- of the little I've seen of his game, Brogan's passing hasn't been NHL quality.

Quinn Hughes is absolute magic, you can tell the big 3 is going to be a force in the future. Really hoping we'd see his first goal tonight, though goals evidently aren't his bread and butter. Came as advertised -- separates from defenders with his unbelievable skating, and has high IQ playmaking. Remarkable shift in overtime. I need to see a gif of that one dangle where he must have gone forehand, backhand, forehand, spin, find opening.

Shame the season had to end here for Boeser, he looked unchained. Lots of his attempts blocked though.

And that's a wrap on the season. If Binnington gets the Calder that will be the last straw regarding my faith in the awards process. I already don't take the Jack Adams or Selke seriously, and the Norris has a bit of a black eye on it from Doughty's win, so it would be a shame if the other awards were to become such a sham too (and I'm pretty biased against Corey Perry winning the Hart when the players themselves gave MVP to Danny). Not to knock Jordan's performance, but I just can't fathom qualifying for votes in this day and age with 32 games. Even the Hamburglar didn't get so much as a sniff when he went 20-1-2 back in 2014-15

Lots to look forward to. The draft at home should be fun, but I'm more interested in the free agency. There's a lot of sculpting that can be done, and that's just within our own FA's. I want to see Edler, Motte, Leivo, and Hutton back. I think the ship has sailed on Goldobin. And for gods sake get Granlund and Pouliot off this team once and for all. Then I think we'll really start to turn the corner.

Last edited:
Reactions: EastEnderVan

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
well you can always watch the titans.

I do, but I hope one day to watch a decent hockey team in Vancouver that I can truly get behind. Not one headed by a bumbling idiot and filled to the brim of overpaid crap dragging down the young players. It eats at you as a fan.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
What I do with my time is of no concern to anyone so don't worry about it.

You said it's splitting hairs when it clearly isn't. Winning the last game when it is not only meaningless but actually damaging to the future of the team is obviously going to be aggravating to some people.
Does one point more really effect our chances in the lottery that much?

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
You’re excited about 3on3? Really?

you know one of the first things to go when the old core faded was our 4 on 4 play. i do miss it. so yes i enjoy the fact we have very young players who dominate possession when they have room. call me crazy. enjoy your pity party.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Wow, BIG MORAL VICTORY! SO happy for these boys, what a team Benning has assembled. If you think about it they should just give us the cup now because of our MASSIVE PROSPECTS and Bennings SUPERIOR GM SKILLS
I can sense the tears coming . lol

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
This team is going to suck next year too.

Can’t wait to see what awful decisions they make on July 1.
Eh, I can always dream of new management.

...or decisions somehow working out, unlikely though that may be. Still the top 4-5 players on this team are actually valuable players... it's the 18 other players on the roster that just aren't good enough yet. If there's improvement then there's games to look forward to next season, over just looking to the next draft before the season even starts.

Kinda seems more enjoyable tbh?

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
you know one of the first things to go when the old core faded was our 4 on 4 play. i do miss it. so yes i enjoy the fact we have very young players who dominate possession when they have room. call me crazy. enjoy your pity party.
Enjoy being disappointed again next year. I’m sure you’ll be excited about the 20-21 season as well when the guy we draft this year plays 9 games down the stretch and the Canucks play well when they’re not in the playoff race. Again.

Reactions: MS and clunk

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
Does one point more really effect our chances in the lottery that much?

Based on today's results:

3% drop for a Top 3
1% drop for First Overall

Not terrible, not nothing. The point is we have dropped a needless spot in every round unless we luck out. Anyway, it is what it is. On to the draft thread.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
I don't understand what people want. Would it have been better to suck all year and be the Senators? What did anyone expect from this season? They exceeded expectations and the young players looked great for the most part. Seriously, what would have made people happier?

Reactions: krutovsdonut

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
I don't understand what people want. Would it have been better to suck all year and be the Senators? What did anyone expect from this season? They exceeded expectations and the young players looked great for the most part. Seriously, what would have made people happier?

A complete change in management/philosophy of the way this team is being built.

Reactions: megatron

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Enjoy being disappointed again next year. I’m sure you’ll be excited about the 20-21 season as well when the guy we draft this year plays 9 games down the stretch and the Canucks play well when they’re not in the playoff race. Again.

thanks. i haved lived through this shit before. you are talking to a brian bradley fan who had high hopes for dan woodley. this shit cannot hurt me and we are also way the hell agead of last time. i enjoyed the hell out of the struggle last time and i am doing it again.

if all the bellyaching makes you happy i guess you should carry on.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
thanks. i haved lived through this **** before. you are talking to a brian bradley fan who had high hopes for dan woodley. this **** cannot hurt me and we are also way the hell agead of last time. i enjoyed the hell out of the struggle last time and i am doing it again.

if all the bellyaching makes you happy i guess you should carry on.
I’m not even remotely upset as I’ve lived through the same era as you. I just want them to win before I die.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->