GDT: SEASON FINALE: Canucks @ Blues, 1:00 p.m. PST

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
Blues fan coming in peace. The Blues need to win this game, but they tend to play down to their opponents. It would not surprise me if the Blues barely scrape by or even lose this game. The Blues might treat this as a game to "rest" and not risk injury right before the playoffs. So I realize that you want to lose to get a better shot at Hughes but don't count on it yet.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Blues fan coming in peace. The Blues need to win this game, but they tend to play down to their opponents. It would not surprise me if the Blues barely scrape by or even lose this game. The Blues might treat this as a game to "rest" and not risk injury right before the playoffs. So I realize that you want to lose to get a better shot at Hughes but don't count on it yet.
Congrats on the great turn around this season. I thought the Blues were out of the race half way through the season but they came back. Berube must be one hell of a coach. He was one tough hombre when he played , the best coaches are the 3rd or 4th line guys for some reason. Green's pretty good too even though he sure makes me wonder sometimes. This will be a close game , the Canucks are clearly playing for the coach and GM's jobs. They know they're on the right path and next year they'll have a much better team. What do you think of the job Benning has done? Most posters are biased against him because of a couple mistakes all GM's make. They don't have a crystal ball. Look at some of the building blocks in place. Pettersson, Hughes , Pearson, Leivo, Demko , Virtanen , Stecher , Gaudette and with Juolevi, Woo and MacEwen coming up next year. These moves trump the usual gripes about missing out on Tkchuk and some guy named Nylander or Ehlers or something and the Ericksson signing. On the right path, the Canucks will be cup contenders within 3 years.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
Congrats on the great turn around this season. I thought the Blues were out of the race half way through the season but they came back. Berube must be one hell of a coach. He was one tough hombre when he played , the best coaches are the 3rd or 4th line guys for some reason. Green's pretty good too even though he sure makes me wonder sometimes. This will be a close game , the Canucks are clearly playing for the coach and GM's jobs. They know they're on the right path and next year they'll have a much better team. What do you think of the job Benning has done? Most posters are biased against him because of a couple mistakes all GM's make. They don't have a crystal ball. Look at some of the building blocks in place. Pettersson, Hughes , Pearson, Leivo, Demko , Virtanen , Stecher , Gaudette and with Juolevi, Woo and MacEwen coming up next year. These moves trump the usual gripes about missing out on Tkchuk and some guy named Nylander or Ehlers or something and the Ericksson signing. On the right path, the Canucks will be cup contenders within 3 years.
I think Benning has done a fine job, especially at drafting. It was no secret that after the Sendins retired that it would be an overhaul. Drafting Pettersson at 5 was magic. You already have one of the most difficult positions to fill (#1 Center), wait till he fills out a bit. You have your #1 defenseman too. I think the Canucks could be a formidable team in about three years (I mean let's face it, there's still some rebuilding to do or else you wouldn't be missing the playoffs). Good luck next year, but not this game.

Reactions: jimslob

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
I think Benning has done a fine job, especially at drafting. It was no secret that after the Sendins retired that it would be an overhaul. Drafting Pettersson at 5 was magic. You already have one of the most difficult positions to fill (#1 Center), wait till he fills out a bit. You have your #1 defenseman too. I think the Canucks could be a formidable team in about three years (I mean let's face it, there's still some rebuilding to do or else you wouldn't be missing the playoffs). Good luck next year, but not this game.
Great post ,Bro. I'd like it if i could (got some warning's). I'll be rooting for the Blues come playoff time. I think the run they've been on makes them very dangerous to whomever they meet in the first round. Classy team and you're a classy poster. Good luck.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia

why is hughes already considered our 1D

Reactions: Neddam ot Sehguh

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
It's nice to hear an unbiased fans perspective. Most of the posters here have been poisoned by the vitriol of a comic series called Benning On Empty and basically a gang of Benning haters that attack and sworm any one that even says he's done a mediocre job without an understanding of how long it takes to build a team from scratch. They complain about every move from free agent signings to not having a 100% drafting record even though he got us Gaudette in the 5th round And Boesr at 23, a player that will be great in a couple of years.

Reactions: Hansen and jimslob

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

That's the Canucks luck too. Most are hoping for a loss, the Blues should dominate the Canucks, are clearly the better team....and we will somehow win. If we were playing the Senators in this situation we'd get annihilated. Best of luck today though, I'm just hoping for an entertaining game.

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver
It's nice to hear an unbiased fans perspective. Most of the posters here have been poisoned by the vitriol of a comic series called Benning On Empty and basically a gang of Benning haters that attack and sworm any one that even says he's done a mediocre job without an understanding of how long it takes to build a team from scratch. They complain about every move from free agent signings to not having a 100% drafting record even though he got us Gaudette in the 5th round And Boesr at 23, a player that will be great in a couple of years.
Gaudette in the 5th isn't as crazy an accomplishment as everyone makes it out to be. Gaudette was taken #149 in 2015.
Conor Garland went #123, Dominik Simon went #137, Rudolfs Balcers went #142, Troy Terry went #148, Brett Seney went #157, Andrew Mangiapane went #166, Mason Appleton went #168, Markus Nutivaraa went #189.

You Benning supporters act like Gaudette is such an incredible find that no one else could accomplish, yet every single player I just listed has a higher PPG than Gaudette.

Do Flames fans bring up how Treviling drafted Mangiapane in the 6th round everytime someone says hes a bad GM? No, cause Treviling has actually made good moves.

Last edited:

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Season Snapshot

GPG: 24th in NHL (2.68)
GAPG: 20th in NHL
PP% 25th in NHL
PK% 11th in NHL

If the Canucks get shutout tonight they will have scored one less goal than last year when scoring has gone way up throughout the league this season. Our PP% with EP Brock & Bo should have been better. The lack of secondary scoring behind the big 3 is concerning and the offence is not getting much help from the backend (should improve with Hughes). An elite Scoring winger is this teams biggest need heading into the offseason. Hope the Canucks can pot a few goals tonight, don’t care if they win or lose (multipoint game for EP!!).

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Hope EP, Boeser & Hughes get points and it's an entertaining game. :thumbu:

Losing this one will not bother me at all.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
V0l2ZSW.gif

Reactions: MS

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
Biddington with the shutout and some stone cold saves on ep40 and Boeser. Clinching the Calder nod for the what have you done for me lately voters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad