Injury Report: Season Ending Injury Thread

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I don't put any of that on Rask. athletes will always opt to play if they think they can. you can't expect a guy to be ultra competitive but then also take himself out of the lineup.

if he was gonna sit it needed to be Cassidy's decision. but in the end I don't think it mattered with the way the Isles outplayed them in game 6

Your right it falls on Cassidy as he openly admitted Tuukka wasn't Tuukka and he was well aware of Tuukka's injury. As far as not wanting to leave playing injured that's true as well, been there done that, but as a Keeper, your the last line of defense, and Id hope you'd make the smart decision.
Although in the end that's why you have a coach to make those decisions, its not like he's a forward or even a defenseman who can play through an injury. He's your goalie and when his injury fails him its a goal.

Reactions: BMC

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Except when he got bailed out against Tampa allowing 20 goals in 4 games and 3.00 GAA for the series. Do we forget that Tampa scored 5 goals 4x in that series?

Or was average against Montreal at 2.42 GAA (17 in 7)

Felt like Thomas faced five odd man rushes or breakaways against per game and never game up a single goal in those chances. He had a legendary postseason.

Reactions: Quinby and LSCII

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
If anything worse than Thomas 2011 is a failure these Tuukka cry babies are gonna be crying for a another few decades.

sad.

is it the same people that wanted Thomas out because “he just flips around” that are so eager to push Rask, statistically one of the best goalies of all time, out?

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Except when he got bailed out against Tampa allowing 20 goals in 4 games and 3.00 GAA for the series. Do we forget that Tampa scored 5 goals 4x in that series?

Or was average against Montreal at 2.42 GAA (17 in 7)
I'm sorry you missed the cup run in 2011, cuz if you were able to watch it you would see your stats are as relevant as corsi.

With my own eyeballs I saw Tim Thomas make saves when he had to in order to help his team win. He had confidence and played out of his mind in every series.

3 OT wins & .926 save % vs Habs - you would of loved those performances, clutch saves when you needed them the most

Remember the Habs are the boogeymen that coach Julien was forced to go with a backup who only had 1 win at the time instead of his starter because of confidence issues - Rask had an 0-9-3 record against the habs until he finally beating them in 2017).

.953 Save % against the flyers who coincidentally was the highest scoring team in the east

2 SO with one of those being a game 7 vs Tampa who also knew how to score as they were the #2 highest scoring team in the east

2 SO and a .967 save % against the nucks who just happen to be the best scoring team in the entire league. Not to mention his physicality in that series and the absolute mind f*** he did with Luongo.

Tied for 6th all time with SO's during a playoff run.

Continue? Or nah?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
honestly Chuck I d love Dom to swing by and explain, since Im no good at CAP crap, is there a benefit to signing Rask and LTIR until end of season like Tampa did.

I truly dont know.

Was asked somewhat similar questions this morning: sign him before the season and put him on LTIR or wait until he is ready to return to sign him

Ask me after free agent frenzy and I might have a clearer picture.

That said, I believe Rask is coming in at 2 years, $11 million.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Was asked somewhat similar questions this morning: sign him before the season and put him on LTIR or wait until he is ready to return to sign him

Ask me after free agent frenzy and I might have a clearer picture.

That said, I believe Rask is coming in at 2 years, $11 million.

Thanks Dom.
Im in Rask for 2 years at a discount too. Just after expansion draft done.
Just dont know if thats a good CAP strategy.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Thanks Dom.
Im in Rask for 2 years at a discount too. Just after expansion draft done.
Just dont know if thats a good CAP strategy.

1) I don't think he'll cost more than that. Signing one year at $5.5 million is also possible and then doing the second year the following season where he'll be a 35+ contract and they can structure a bonus deal.

2) The expansion draft is 31 days away from today. Don't think it's a done deal before then because that means exposing Vladar. They've invested too much time into developing him to let him go like that.

3) If they can get close to the cap then LTIR him, they probably will. Depends on how close to the cap they can get.

4) Lot of decisions need to be made on 20 players. Going to be a busy offseason for management.

Sorry to post these tweets, easier then trying to write it all again

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
bruins cap 21 22.PNG

For those that don't have the bird app

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Also just a reminder they will be picking 20th not 21st since the 11th pick that was Arizona's was forfeited. I do appreciate all the time and effort.

Officially, it is the 21st pick. The NHL deems all forfeited picks as void.

For example: The Yotes also forfeited the 49th pick last season. The 48th pick was Jan Mysak to the Canadiens. The next pick was Yan Kuznetsov to Calgary. While he was the 49th player chosen, he is officially the 50th pick.

Draft.PNG

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
any opinion of Franceso Pinelli as our 1st round pic? Seems like a David Krejci style of player

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
man, for Rask to have the year he did with that injury. I really hope some day people realize how good we've had it.

hopefully he bounces back like Timmy.

I let this be an opportunity for Swayman to start the year and go from there

Rask = warrior.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I don't put any of that on Rask. athletes will always opt to play if they think they can. you can't expect a guy to be ultra competitive but then also take himself out of the lineup.

if he was gonna sit it needed to be Cassidy's decision. but in the end I don't think it mattered with the way the Isles outplayed them in game 6

Yup.
And let's all conveniently ignore all the heinous and highly personal attacks Rask endured in the past for "bailing on the team" (when he was sick, and also when his daughter had a medical crisis, ffs). Now he's catching flack for playing through a nagging injury - the kind of thing other players are praised for.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Yup.
And let's all conveniently ignore all the heinous and highly personal attacks Rask endured in the past for "bailing on the team" (when he was sick, and also when his daughter had a medical crisis, ffs). Now he's catching flack for playing through a nagging injury - the kind of thing other players are praised for.
I think many people are looking at the injury as something that happened during game 5 when in reality, he's been training and playing on a torn labrum since last season.

The decision to play or sit him was a lose/lose situation for not only him but also Cassidy and Swayman.

It sucks we got bounced and sure, you can absolutely question the decision made but it isn't the only reason why the Bruins got bounced.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Officially, it is the 21st pick. The NHL deems all forfeited picks as void.

For example: The Yotes also forfeited the 49th pick last season. The 48th pick was Jan Mysak to the Canadiens. The next pick was Yan Kuznetsov to Calgary. While he was the 49th player chosen, he is officially the 50th pick.

View attachment 446308
I meant it is more for people that don't know about Arizona forfeiting their pick and wondering why Bruins are "20th".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad