NPPG: Season 6 Thread

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
The first month I did well just going game-by-game with whoever I was feeling that day. For February I made an advanced schedule of who I'd pick for each team based on various factors. I'm doing significantly worse this month and nothing hurt worse than the first Florida game when I really wanted to go with Forsberg that morning in my gut, but I had Grimaldi on my schedule and stuck with it...

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I've learned to go with the first name that pops in my head cause when I think about it I get a goose egg and the other guy scores lol.
That is EXACTLY what I did last year and got the regular season title. Then I started to overthink it. Am I Hynes?????

Reactions: bdub24

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I'm out of town from this evening until Tuesday night. No updates before Wednesday at the earliest.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Just a quick note with only 3 games to play

@Gh24
@hockey diva
@AtlantaWhaler

The three of you are separated by 3 points for the final spot, but your picking has been sporadic at best. Obviously it would be ideal if all 16 spots went to people intending to play in the postseason so we wouldnt have any byes, so if you want to possibly play in the playoffs, please consider making picks these last 3 games. And as always, thank you again @Jonesey for doing all the legwork for another season.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Rules question, do rosters reset at the playoffs?

Playoff picking is quite different.

Forward - Forward - Forward
Defense - Defense
Goalie

There are no restrictions on who you can choose, however you can only select the player once in the playoffs. The only exception is goaltender which you can duplicate only in the finals if you have already chosen both goaltenders that are the starters on their team. The points remain the same from the regular season.

Lineups can be PM'ed to me or posted in the thread that is created. I will not share your picks with anyone and I will post mine in the thread. All rosters will be posted when they are locked so there is no changes after the puck drops on game 1 of the round. If you fail to post a roster, you will be given 0 points for the round.

There will be bonus points available. If you pick the winner of the series correct, you receive 2 points. If you predict the correct amount of games the series ends in, you get 2 points. If you get both correct, it becomes a total of 5 points.

If there is a tie, the higher seed wins the tiebreaker. That way you have an advantage and the regular season has meaning.

Reactions: PredsV82

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY

Defense - Defense
Goalie

There are no restrictions on who you can choose, however you can only select the player once in the playoffs. The only exception is goaltender which you can duplicate only in the finals if you have already chosen both goaltenders that are the starters on their team. The points remain the same from the regular season.

Lineups can be PM'ed to me or posted in the thread that is created. I will not share your picks with anyone and I will post mine in the thread. All rosters will be posted when they are locked so there is no changes after the puck drops on game 1 of the round. If you fail to post a roster, you will be given 0 points for the round.

There will be bonus points available. If you pick the winner of the series correct, you receive 2 points. If you predict the correct amount of games the series ends in, you get 2 points. If you get both correct, it becomes a total of 5 points.

If there is a tie, the higher seed wins the tiebreaker. That way you have an advantage and the regular season has meaning.

Thank you.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

Defense - Defense
Goalie

Didn't we keep picking Preds last season until we were out or am I remembering something else?

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Didn't we keep picking Preds last season until we were out or am I remembering something else?

We treated the play in series with the coyotes as regular season (which is how I LOST my share of the regular season title that I held when the shutdown happened.... not that I'm bitter LOL)

Reactions: Jonesey

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

Defense - Defense
Goalie
Forsberg - Granlund - Kunin
Josi - Ekholm
Saros

That's my first round. Whoever my opponent is... yeah, you go ahead and I dare you to want to beat me! :naughty:

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
upload_2021-5-11_7-28-56.png

Congrats @Predsanddead24 on your regular season championship!

Reactions: AnalogKid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad