Season 2018-2019 : What are your expectations?

Fergy22

Nov 9, 2003
Ft Wayne
I figure Price will be good this year and the youth will improve as the year goes by. I expect 80-85 points but not enough to get in playoffs. Pick will be somewhere around #10-12.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Dead last.

Sure Kotka showed some nice flashes in the preseason, but he is way too raw physically and developmentally.Once the season starts he will be exposed as other teams will target him relentlessly given that the Habs simply have no other threats.

I will predict Kotka won't last past the nine game window and with him gone, the team:

1. Is too soft and small.
2. Still has possibly the worst middle four in NHL history.
3. Price will rebound to merely average.
4. Has the worst D group in the league (even when Weber comes back)
5. Will realize that the Drouin trade will go down as one of the worst in NHL history as Sergachev will explode this year while prissy Drouin will not even break 50 pts. (and he will not feel the bit bad about it because of the long list of excuses he will invariably come up with).

At least if we knew we had some prospects being close to ready in Laval to provide some relief.. But who? Will Bitten? Antoine Waked? Lukas Vedejmo?

I don't care what people say, our prospect pool is still atrocious. At least Ottawa has White, Chabot, Tkachuk, Formenton, Brown..who are we pinning our hopes on outside of Kotka? Jake Evans?

Finally, and it I hate to say it, you just know that we will lose some of our smaller guys to month long injuries the minute they take a clean bruising check.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
This year I'm looking forward to seeing how some of the younger players play in new roles. Really excited to see Kotka. Hopefully we're bad enough to get Kakko or Hughes. That would really set us up. There's no point in trying to go for the last wildcard spot because it would be a first round exit. Knowing Bergevin, he probably tries to go for it and we probably finish 10th in the conference and have a frustrating season.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Dead last.

Sure Kotka showed some nice flashes in the preseason, but he is way too raw physically and developmentally.Once the season starts he will be exposed as other teams will target him relentlessly given that the Habs simply have no other threats.

I will predict Kotka won't last past the nine game window and with him gone, the team:

1. Is too soft and small.
2. Still has possibly the worst middle four in NHL history.
3. Price will rebound to merely average.
4. Has the worst D group in the league (even when Weber comes back)
5. Will realize that the Drouin trade will go down as one of the worst in NHL history as Sergachev will explode this year while prissy Drouin will not even break 50 pts. (and he will not feel the bit bad about it because of the long list of excuses he will invariably come up with).

At least if we knew we had some prospects being close to ready in Laval to provide some relief.. But who? Will Bitten? Antoine Waked? Lukas Vedejmo?

I don't care what people say, our prospect pool is still atrocious. At least Ottawa has White, Chabot, Tkachuk, Formenton, Brown..who are we pinning our hopes on outside of Kotka? Jake Evans?

Finally, and it I hate to say it, you just know that we will lose some of our smaller guys to month long injuries the minute they take a clean bruising check.

Optimistic!!
I don't think Kotka will last past the 9 games either, but I think it will be for his own good/developpment. Not because he's not capable.
Don't think we finish dead last, but bottom 10 for sure. I think Weber finishes the season strong. Mete and Juulsen show they are good nhl defensemen. Hopefully management finally realize Alzner is a total mess and decide to play younger guys, trade him with retention or plan on buying out his contract in the summer. Drouin proves to be much better at LW. Gallagher scores 30 again. Petry is traded at the deadline for a 1st round pick.

I think our prospect pool is good, but is very young. Most of our best prospects were drafted in the last 2 drafts, that's why they are not nhl ready yet. Poehling, Brook, Ylonen, Olofson, Primeau, Suzuki & Kotka should all have a big role at the WJC and have a shot at the nhl in 1-3 years.

Jul 6, 2016
My expectations are a hard fighting, entertaining, competitive team.... They gonna have more losses than wins and will finish bottom five in its Conference.

Last edited:

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Sure reilly and petry and mete cant move the puck
Petry was out of his depth last year and it showed, he is an inconsistent performer. Mete has gotten 7 points (total) over his entire NHL career of one season. Rielly hasn't broken out yet, just barely an NHLer - let's see what we have in him.

Hardly puck-movers like the Habs need to be even a below-average team. I don't have much hope that the Habs can get anything done on the ice with the likes of Alzner and Benn playing 12+ minutes a night. If I had to rank NHL d-men, they'd probably be at the bottom of the list, league-wide.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
1) I expect more enjoyable games to watch. Less grind/grind/grind, more of a possession game type.
2) Less non sense coaching (Drouin at center, Plekanek getting top2C minutes)
3) Youngsters getting more icetime even if it means more losts. More of Mete/Juulsen/Reilly less of Benn/Alzner/Petry

If we keep Kotka all year, probably 78-82 points, if he plays 9 games or less, probably 65-70 points. Not because Kotka will win us 6-7 games but because playing Domi/Danault/Plekanek/DLR as centerline esp. with our defense will be a desaster.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
77 points, maybe picking 8th or 9th overall next draft.

I think Lehkonen and Domi will be pleasant surprises.
Drouin can't be worse.
Our defence is putrid, though.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
My expectations

Price plays well but not well enough to carry the team and so gets scapegoated by fans/media.
The D will be a train wreck, and the young guys like Mete and Juulsen will be thrown to wolves
Drouin I expect to be little different then last season, not great 5vs5 but good on the PP
Domi does what he did in Arizona, doesn't score much but plays gritty and puts up decent for him numbers
Gallagher will once again be our best forward

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
28-47-7 = 63 pts

While watching the rest of the league with good contending teams full of both young and old talent. Myself and a buddy Sens fan will keep an eye on the turtle race that is the Sens and the Habs. Good for a laugh.

He says the Habs will finsh ahead of his Sens. I say Sens finish ahead of the Bergevins.

Last edited:
Reactions: lo striver

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Now, the real fun starts. Season's coming in less than five days.

With what you saw at camp, and with what you know from this lineup, what are your team expectations? Last, 26th, playoffs?

I really hope they let the young guys play. I'm okay with pleks playing, but it needs to be 8 minutes a night.

I don't want benn or alzner playing unless guys are hurt to start the year. I want Juulsen and Mete to get their chance, and if they're not ready and we're getting wrecked, send them back to the ahl.

We still don't have an established top 2 center, so trying to build chemistry and letting the young guys play will keep us near the bottom but will know which guys to keep going forward.

I think Tatar will surprise us and be our best forward this year.

We have a ton of wingers, so I hope we start to trade some for 2nd rounders.

Drouin Kotkaniemi Lehkonen

Tatar Danault Gallagher

Domi Peca Armia

Byron Plekanec/De la Rose Shaw

Mete Juulsen
Reilly Petry
Alzner ouellet

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
My expectations as in my predictions?

I predict a ~ 75 point season. Somehow although I don't think we're a better team than last year we will pull some wins out. Not enough for playoffs, too many for a top 3 pick.

What are my expectations from the org. in general?

I expect a competent management team to be able to execute a rebuild properly, by selling off assets and bottoming out. Not by middling around the league getting high picks only when Price is off and having playoff hopes rest on Price being godly.

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I will agree with the general consensus that we will be one of the worst teams.

Hopefully it’s a good year and our young players and prospects develop well. I’m not at all confident in MB and CJ being the right duo to lead a rebuild in the cuurnt NHL era. But it seems we have some intriguing management/coaching prospects as further insurance as well. That should make it an interesting year if nothing else.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Within the division, appears to be 3 strong teams (TB, Bos, Tor), 1 good team (Fla) and the other 4. On those 4, how will their young players develop?

In the Metro, beyond the Pens and Caps, don`t know what to expect. Jackets have a couple of injured dmen already (Jones and Murray) Lots of youth on the other teams.

If the stars align, Habs could stay in the race. My concerns would be scoring goals, the penalty kill and Price. As Bobby Dollas likes to say, `` let the kids play`` and let the chips fry where they may.

Last edited:

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
defense is gonna get lit up all year long. Price will be average. not bad, just average. Weber's return won't have much of an impact.

on offense, some nice surprises. but not enough to pull the team out of mediocrity.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don't even... Where do I even start with this?

Reactions: Belial

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I don't trust anything that Marc touches. We had a great young defense man to help build with, and we got a disappointing player. Don't count on go ole Marc...he would trade a #1 overall for a 4th line grinder.
No. Actually he wouldn’t.

Reactions: sharks9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad