Searching for the Next Elite Number One Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Debatable. Fleury is the definition of a choker in my eyes, and his main advantage over Niemi is having a better team in front of him. I believe Fleury to be criminally overrated.

fair enough... he did play horrible during the playoffs last year...

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
I really hope we get our own home grown prospect become our number one centre. Kadri would fit that role but the problem with that is, we need size for our wingers then.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The thread isn't about centre depth, rather the need for an elite #1 centre. Boston had no elite centre, just quality depth, which is all you need. Even with their quality depth it took all time historic numbers from the goalie to win it, going through multiple 7 game series and possibly the worst ever winning % en route to a Cup.

Great PK but terrible PP too.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Id take any first line C. Homegrown or not

Nearly every single playoff team's first line C was drafted and homegrown though, y'see...

I'm sure the same trends can be found in years prior as well

Logic suggests that we might need to draft our own number one C and develop him the way nearly every single other succesful team has.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
So close to 50% chance of a top 10 pick? that's pretty solid guys, this draft also seems heavy on centre talent.

Definitely a draft I'd want to keep my pick in, alot of centres, alot of canadians etc.

I would still prefer a season, but a top 10(even better top 5) pick would be awesome, who could we pick up around there?

leafspring*

Kadri will be our top center,and we drafted/are developing him. He is a great asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->