Speculation: Search for a President of Hockey..... Oops

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
The pro Melnyk excuses are ridiculous when all the other clubs are filling vacancies
Filling vacancies with teams not in the playoffs? Thanks for proving my point. And I'm not pro Melnyk. I'm pro realist and ant-dreamworld/bashing for sport

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Philly, Edomonton, Detroit, LA, etc all interviewing and hiring

Has Ottawa interviewed anyone ?

Reactions: Acidrain66

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I can see some form of nepotism at play here: PD gets promoted to President and Crawford gets the GM job and Mann the HC.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I can see some form of nepotism at play here: PD gets promoted to President and Crawford gets the GM job and Mann the HC.

I don't think we have enough people in the front office to keep up the "classic" Sens nepotism moves.

I mean, even if PD gets the President job, I seriously doubt they move Crawford/MacTavish into a GM role. Maybe Trent Mann, but even that seems too cheap for the Sens (I'm sure EM sees this as a challenge he'd accept though).

Best (realistic) case scenario: Real POHO, Dorion GM, MacTavish + other AGM, HC outside the org.
Worst case scenario: Dorion POHO, Tre. Mann GM, MacTavish + Crawford AGM + Tro. Mann HC
Middle ground, most likely scenario: Cheap POHO, Dorion GM, MacTavish AGM, Crawford HC

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I don't think we have enough people in the front office to keep up the "classic" Sens nepotism moves.

I mean, even if PD gets the President job, I seriously doubt they move Crawford/MacTavish into a GM role. Maybe Trent Mann, but even that seems too cheap for the Sens (I'm sure EM sees this as a challenge he'd accept though).

Best (realistic) case scenario: Real POHO, Dorion GM, MacTavish + other AGM, HC outside the org.
Worst case scenario: Dorion POHO, Tre. Mann GM, MacTavish + Crawford AGM + Tro. Mann HC
Middle ground, most likely scenario: Cheap POHO, Dorion GM, MacTavish AGM, Crawford HC

Correct.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
I wonder if Melnyk would reach back to people who worked for him at St. Mikes? They'd probably be cheap...

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I guess it isn't conceivable to you that execs from the remaining playoff teams may be on the Sens radar list? What fake outrage lol
Let's see. Looking forward to hearing some names.

You seem to know everything that's going on, you have any names?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
They have also become extremely good at keeping a lid on any info getting out. Something they have been extremely bad at for years.

The pessimist in me can't help but think the reason they are "keeping a lid on POHO info" is because there's no news to report. They certainly did a better job in the lead-up to dealing Duchene/Stone than they did in the lead up to Karlsson though.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDoo

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Spartacat for POHO. He can help Dorion get motivated and is already a PR darling.

Excellent idea. He is also good with inter gov't relations and maybe helpful for future arena bids (unlike the that ijit EM).

6441945.jpg

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Seems to me this position was created & pressed upon Eugene by the League ... doesn't seem Eugene really wants to hire a POHO as he's maintained to give full autonomy & job security to Pierre Dorion ...

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Seems to me this position was created & pressed upon Eugene by the League ... doesn't seem Eugene really wants to hire a POHO as he's maintained to give full autonomy & job security to Pierre Dorion ...
This seems to be exactly what happened, and the team's press release that indicated they are looking seemed to be Melnyk's "look we are trying" and an "F You" to the league at the same time. This org delivers the most bizarre press releases.

Looking forward to the promotion of Dorion just to please the league, or for this "search" to just be ignored all together, the local sports media seem to have already stopped discussing it, so my thinking is that they have gotten their new marching orders from Melnyk. Probably the same orders they got when the search for a second assistant GM was just stopped with no mention from anyone anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->