Speculation: Search for a President of Hockey..... Oops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
FACT CHECK - Belleville competes in the AHL and had a pretty good season considering the injuries. Ottawa is rebuilding. Get over it.

FACT CHECK - "Happy they are gone" - relating to Stone's comments yesterday. This is your interpretation. Does not mean he is happy to be gone from here. He meant happy to be in the playoffs and playing still. My interpretation.

FACT CHECK - "Ottawa has to have the worst reputation of any NHL" Really? How do you quantify this statement. Of all time? This year?

:thumbd:

Stop bashing for no reason other than bashing.

Wait to see if they hire a real POHO... then complain if it's Melnyk brother inlaw or someone who used to sell 50/50 tickets at the CTC

The AHL tam has made the playoffs something like 6 times since Murray took over - don't pretend they are having success at th AHL level - they lost out on a playoff spot they were in control of. They compete, that's what sports teams do so that's not a compliment, that's like saying a retail company charges money.

Stone, EK, Duchene, Dzingel, Brassard seemed shell shocked when he was traded here, Turris didn't make it easy for them to sign him, Alfie quit the team, Presidents aren't even consedring interviews, legit coaches don't consider this market a legit landing spot. Might be conincidence to you, but to many it is because Ottawa is the worst market in the NHL because of its ownership and management.

I quantify it by watching the team daily - you can pretend there's no problem here and 1 President will solve all our problems, I don't think it will. But one can always dream

Reactions: Blotto71

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
What he said is correct though.

Belleville never had a good season, they had 1 extremely good stretch and then were bottom quarter of the league outside of those 20 games. Never made the playoffs when the ball was in their court. Every team deals with injuries.

He said he "If I wasn't having fun, he'd still be in Ottawa" and signed a 1 year deal straight to UFA, read between the lines.

Clearly Ottawa has the worst reputation in the NHL now, saying otherwise is insane. Why would he need to further elaborate on this very obvious point?

He's bashing because it's something that has happened, and is happening in front of us. It's not bashing for the sake of bashing

:thumbd::thumbd:

Why would people wait before commenting on something like the POHO that clearly isn't going well? Everything we have heard, and precedent tells us what to expect.

Disagree.

You may want to re-read the OP

Not commenting.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Last we heard they had not defined the role. Makes hiring someone difficult. Giving Pierre Dorion complete autonomy for any decisions is also a red flag to anyone qualified that might be interested.
Complete autonomy for Dorion? Did someone actually say that? And if that is the truth then what the heck is the point of the POHO role?

Good lord.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Complete autonomy for Dorion? Did someone actually say that? And if that is the truth then what the heck is the point of the POHO role?

Good lord.

Mr Dorion said he had complete autonomy to hire the next coach at his last presser where he told everyone how far ahead of schedule the rebuild is.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Disagree.

You may want to re-read the OP

Not commenting.

Disagree why? We had a point streak of 20 games and still never made the playoffs, that's very bad outside that streak. They had 2 games to lock a playoff spot and were awful. How often have they made the playoffs in the AHL the past 10 years?

I read it, and what I said stands, interpretations aren't made equal

Not commenting because?

Last edited:
Reactions: Deku

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
They are keeping this search either very quiet or waiting till after the playoffs.

Would nice to hear about some candidates for us to bicker about...lol

Hopefully some league suggestions or maybe the league has picked someone for EM to keep the circus under control.

Hextall, Hunter, Maloney, Nonis just a few names that come to mind or speculted on. Chances are it will be someone off the charts.
Season ticket renewal campaign is over thus so is the search for a POHO. Or Melnyk is just delaying the hire thus delaying paying another employee for as long as he can. Funny that basically every other team in the league that needs to make significant hires have done so meanwhile in Ottawa we wait...for what??

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I’m looking forward to the Sens utilizing some of that contract extension money that was rejected to improve the roster

In my mind the money should easily be there to bring in a good President, Coach and a Defenseman

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Should be right up there as a candidate for POHO here.. With the right role and right amount of clout he could be POHO and GM in no time

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Mark Hunter would be a fantastic hire here. Just his knowledge of the Leafs operations would be a great asset. To think that he's considering the Oilers, a team in a horrible cap bind without a lot of assets in their system, over an Ontario-based team with a ton of room to grow tells you everything you need to know. Man, it is so painful to be a fan of this team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->