Sean Odie retired

Captain Mittens*

odonnell_silverblack.jpg

One of my all time favorite Kings

Thanks for always giving 100% and always having everyone's back on the ice.

I am glad the Kings finally avenged this in these past playoffs

Have a great retirement Odie!

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
i know it's been awhile since i saw the Kings play live, but bob Miller sounds so different in that video...lol

totally agree, Odie has always been a favorite of mine. dude brought it every night. he is one of a few players during the 'dark' years that least made watching the Kings bearable, because of his effort and passion

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Best of luck to him. Was a great guy and a pretty solid defender. He had a heroic career, 1224 games, +87, and a Stanley Cup. He made it past his 40th birthday. You couldn't ask for anything more. It is the career every hockey player dreams of.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Best of luck to him. Was a great guy and a pretty solid defender. He had a heroic career, 1224 games, +87, and a Stanley Cup. He made it past his 40th birthday. You couldn't ask for anything more. It is the career every hockey player dreams of.

Don't forget a Cup ring, which was very well deserved and earned.

I'm glad he wasn't one of those great foot soldiers who retired without hoisting the cup.

I hope he goes into coaching at some point. He could have a good knack for it.

xavi4life

Mr. Irreverent
Jun 30, 2007
Los Angeles
Wasn't his biggest fan when he first started with the organization, but he completely won me over during his career and was a great defenseman and great influence on the younger guys (Doughty) with the Kings. A true warrior and class act.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Wasn't his biggest fan when he first started with the organization, but he completely won me over during his career and was a great defenseman and great influence on the younger guys (Doughty) with the Kings. A true warrior and class act.

Came here to post the same exact thoughts. I thought OD was a bit reckless and out of control early in his career, but he transformed himself into a rock on the back end who played over 1200 NHL games and was beloved in every city he played, both on and off the ice.

Enjoy retirement OD

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I remember when we traded Doug Houda for him and I wasn't really happy about it. Not that Doug Houda was anything great, but we were coming off a bad season and we traded a 28-year-old proven NHL D-man for a 23-year-old minor leaguer who didn't seem all that impressive to me.

I'm glad to be wrong. O'Donnell's career dwarfed that of Houda's. We made out like a bandit on that trade. To bad we ended up losing him in the waiver draft just so we could keep holding onto the fantastic goalie tandem of Fiset and Storr.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Haha, great picture. Doesn't do O'Donnell justice though.

Seriously. Looks like a total anklebender there :laugh:

Farewell to one of the most honorable guys to wear a Kings uni. One of the few I would think is universally liked on any team he has been on. Cheers to a long, solid career.

I'd change my number to his out of respect if I didn't think I was a disgrace ;)

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity

I am glad the Kings finally avenged this in these past playoffs

Have a great retirement Odie!

That is still probably the worst non-call (handing out certain penalties but not others) I've ever seen in any hockey game.

The Blues have had a special piece of hate from me since then - and StL took the Rams? **** them. But revenge was so sweet with our own sweep last season... and the frickin' Stanley Cup.

:stanley: suck it blues!

Ron*

That is still probably the worst non-call (handing out certain penalties but not others) I've ever seen in any hockey game.

The Blues have had a special piece of hate from me since then - and StL took the Rams? **** them. But revenge was so sweet with our own sweep last season... and the frickin' Stanley Cup.

:stanley: suck it blues!

I don't have anything in particular against the Blues, but it was nice to sweep them for the late '60s playoffs sweeps and 1998 also.

Don't worry about the Rams. It appears we are going to steal them right back in a couple of years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->