Value of: Sean Monahan

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I'm just curious what Sean Monahan's value is. We desperately need a positive game-changing young goalie and we could use a RHS sniper for the PP, but we've managed to solve our RHS forward problem for the most parts already. Lastly we could use another good RHD. In fact speaking of that, what would Monahan and Brodie together fetch?

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
So your solution to a temporary problem is to trade your 1C who consistenly produces 60 points a year? Good luck with that!

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
I really don't think the answer to any problem is to trade your top line C. Two months later your main problem would then be the lack of a top line C and that problem would be much harder to fix than your original problem because teams don't trade those guys.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
PHI: Nolan Patrick + 2019 1st + Andrew MacDonald + Robert Hagg + 2019 4th

CGY: Sean Monahan + Sam Bennett

Oh shit I didn’t see you need a goalie... nvm then. Philly most surely doesn’t have one.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
What type of RD do you need? The Canes could use SteveMoneyhands.

BilPeto generational coach is also very fond of Scotto Darlinga.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Ummm no....

It's much harder to acquire a top line centre than a goalie. There are only a handful of goalies in the league that I would consider moving Monahan for, and the teams that have them aren't moving them.

Reactions: kevrondl

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Filling one hole and creating another isn’t a great solution lol. Plus I’m sure there are decent rhd around the league that could be had without giving your number 1 center.

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Flames need to upgrade their 1C in the worst way. They are going absolutely nowhere with Monahan in that role.

Maybe something around Monahan + for Draisaitl? Or something with W Nylander?

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Flames need to upgrade their 1C in the worst way. They are going absolutely nowhere with Monahan in that role.

Maybe something around Monahan + for Draisaitl? Or something with W Nylander?
seriously....not saying the Flames couldn't do with an upgrade from a good #1 C to an elite one but....Draisatl and Nylander are not elite #1 C's and there would be no add to Monahan to trade for them.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Has Stamkos fallen off?

Depends who you ask. I'd take Monahan over him, particularly at the lower pricetag. I'd like to add a little size to our lineup, and I think he would mesh well with our speedy wingers. But the big thing is the $ saved. If I'm not mistaken, he's on a 6m deal? The extra 2.5 would go a long way to helping us keep Yanni Gourde in the off-season.

Palat - Point - Kucherov
Miller - Monahan - Gourde
Joseph - Johnson - X

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->