Sean Monahan is fully healthy and ready to get the season going

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Thanks to off-season surgeries to fix some significant injuries, Sean Monahan is entering the new season in better health than he has been in "at least" three years.

"Seriously..."

Monahan pauses.

"Three years. It's been a long, long time since I've felt this good.

"It's time to get the show on the road."

"I'm ready for the challenge. We all are."
Looking back at the injury-filled journey and the work he's put in to get to where he is now, the Brampton product feels a sense of relief.

"Honestly," an exasperated Monahan reveals, "it was awful feeling.
"Miserable, really.

"My body had finally had enough."

All of it in sum made even the most mindless chores, like getting out of bed in the morning, "unbearably painful," but it was the rickety left wrist with its worsening, pliable tendency that bothered him most.

"I couldn't shoot," Monahan said. "Slap shots? No way. My wrister lost a fair bit of heat, too, but at least I could power through it sometimes.

"Most days it just felt like a piece of rubber."

"You never really have an excuse not to perform" he said. "I didn't want to let the team down, so I kept working and playing through the pain.

"Looking back, it's crazy. To think, I've come so far in a relatively short period of time.

"In the end, I guess you could say it was a blessing in disguise. To get all that stuff dealt with and to feel as good as I do now, it's awesome.

"I'm ready. We're all looking forward to having a big year."

Amazing to see that he played with all that injuries and still scored 31 goals(career high.)

BACK AT 100 PERCENT

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He was excellent for the first 6-8 weeks of the season. If he can regain that form (or even better?) he should I think he'll be ready to carry his own line to help balance out the offense.

One great thing about Monahan is that he's made improvements to his game each year, especially in his 2 way play.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Feels great knowing that when Gio retires the captaincy will be in good hands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->