Former Bruins Sean Kuraly: Signs w/ Columbus

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
My biggest concern is the penalty kill. They're going to need to figure out how to replace him. I'd guess Coyle is the most likely guy. I'd also go with Kuhlman, but I don't know if he's in line to suit up in the playoffs.

The injury luck has just been terrible this year. Feels like every time one player gets back another goes out.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
missing kuraly/miller/moore might effect us a bit... its not the difference cup or no cup

1 game doesnt determin a playoff round either. hell we were up 3-0 against a philly team not that long ago. most first rounds go 6-7 games and both sides have convincing wins. the order of which game gets won doesnt really matter until its the 4th win

we can all hate that the playoffs are full of parity... but they are

we are the better team... id bet on us to win 70 out of 100 times against the leafs... but theyd probably win 30 out of 100 times

is this one of 70 or one of 30? the next 6 games will give us that answer

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
missing kuraly/miller/moore might effect us a bit... its not the difference cup or no cup

1 game doesnt determin a playoff round either. hell we were up 3-0 against a philly team not that long ago. most first rounds go 6-7 games and both sides have convincing wins. the order of which game gets won doesnt really matter until its the 4th win

we are the better team... id bet on us to win 70 out of 100 times against the leafs... but theyd probably win 30 out of 100 times

With odds like that, the Bruins should win the series

but I think it is much closer than you think

If the Bruins lose this round or 2nd round via Tampa again

Team might start resembling that 2005-2009 San Jose Sharks team. A great regular season team but early playoff exit - ers

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

Kuraly, Miller, Moore and Backes bring a lot of what the team was missing last night,

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Kuraly, Miller, Moore and Backes bring a lot of what the team was missing last night,
I think the Bruins had plenty of bad passers and puck handlers in the lineup last night so the need for any of the above mentioned is comical! What they need is to stop supplying the Leafs with breakaways and 3 on 1s and find a netminder to stop the odd puck.
Rask looked lost last night and if not for luck would have let in double digits.

Reactions: LSCII

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
...What they need is to stop supplying the Leafs with breakaways and 3 on 1s and find a netminder to stop the odd puck.
Rask looked lost last night and if not for luck would have let in double digits.
Yup and Kuraly, Miller, Moore and Backes are exactly the kind of players who dont supply opponents with breakaways and 3 on 1's - but they do play on and through opponents which was also missing last night.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yup and Kuraly, Miller, Moore and Backes are exactly the kind of players who dont supply opponents with breakaways and 3 on 1's - but they do play on and through opponents which was also missing last night.

Moore and Miller are both atrocious on the back end with very low hockey IQs, imo. They make the easy plays difficult on a regular basis. Backes is nothing more than a liability on the ice at this point. If he's the answer to what they're missing, this team is going nowhere fast.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
The on-ice Save % for a goalie when a player is on the ice is an interesting stat. Obviously, no one stat tells the whole story but this is a pretty good indicator of pucks not going into your net at even strength.
Kuraly is the best Bruin during the regular season who's played more than 16 games (Lauzon) with an oiSV% of .951.

Add to that his 32.8% offensive zone start and you see he is used for his size and speed to match up against top line opponents and still gets the job done defensively shows he is a valuable player. He's not somebody to be missed lightly.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016

We aren’t deep enough up front it makes a huge difference

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I hope they don't rush him back but I won't be surprised to see him out there for game 4

It's kind of a rush unrush kind of situation

unrush rush

4th line set the tone at the start of games for a good chunk of the year... key miss right now

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
We aren’t deep enough up front it makes a huge difference

if we arent deep enough to survive injures to our 6 and 7 dmen, and our 10th forward.... then why worry

we were always going to lose first round anyhow

------------

I wish our fans didnt panic after 1 loss.

-------------

I like kuraly… I wish he was playing... he wouldnt have meant squat in game 1. we lost that with a no show. one 20 point forward wont score us 3 goals and tie that mess of a game up

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
i think you missed the point . Kuraly and miller have a history of igniting a team with big hits and phisical play . Maybe that could have turned things around first game

if brad marchand is admitting he feels the team took Toronto 'easy' then this game was lost before the first puck drop

I dont know if marchand was speaking for himself {hopefully not} or sending a carefully worded message to teammates... but if he was talking true then thats unacceptable

you suggest a hit or two might have fired the team up... trust me if falling behind 3-1 doesnt fire you up for the 3rd period you were ripe for the kill the whole bleeping game

it happens... it SHOULD NOT HAPPEN at playoffs. if the team doesnt bounce back tonight then they were never as good as I thought. I cant imagine they wont bounce back. sure, I felt ill watching game one... but ive been a fan for 45 years. for whatever reason, sometimes teams suck for a game

I do hope kuraly comes back asap... hes a huge favorite of mine and a high quality 4th line forward. we are improved when hes in the lineup.

your best players need to be your best players... our top 10 players are as good as any top ten players in the league. they didnt play that way in game 1. sure a hit can inspire a team but we get more inspiration from Bergeron/marchand/chara/and our top guys. I will keep faith. I will believe they are going to get us this win and tie this series up... but now we lost our home ice. we still have damage to dig out from.

makes me puke we lost... but when we are playing in june im not going to still be too stressed out we lost a game in april

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bless this man

what a player

Leafs were relentless in trying to tie the game.... and there was one sequence where Kuraly stopped the barrage, by generating a 2 on 1 chance. Then crosschecked Hainsey after the whistle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad