Former Bruins Sean Kuraly: Signs w/ Columbus

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
seems like all he needed was to get pummeled in a fight and to wear a full cage.
but really, nice to see him playing great hockey. the 4th line is the least of our
issues.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Nice to see his production matching his effort a little bit more recently. He, Wagner and Acciari have looked like they've played together for years lately.

Well Kuraly probably has played more minutes with Acciari than an other NHL player.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
If things stand as they are now injury wise (please we’ve had enough, thank you) you have to put Nordstrom in there when he comes back and that likely will be at Acciari ‘s expense. That’s still a couple of weeks away though

Is this really necessary?

4th line has good looking chemistry

Acciari has been playing very physical hockey

He must have crushed Kadri 3 times yesterday.... nice sight to see

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Is this really necessary?

4th line has good looking chemistry

Acciari has been playing very physical hockey

He must have crushed Kadri 3 times yesterday.... nice sight to see

You sit Nordstrom when he comes back? I doubt Cassidy does

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
Since the first game with that cage on Sean has been a different player. Fantastic game last night and really bringing the effort every shift. His past 10 games have been so much fun to watch as he goes right to the dirty areas with the puck showing no fear at all.

Reactions: BMC

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
seems like all he needed was to get pummeled in a fight and to wear a full cage.
but really, nice to see him playing great hockey. the 4th line is the least of our
issues.
Would be interesting to see the production by line for the last couple weeks - I think the 4th line might not even be the 4th line

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

This sucks...

Does suck.

Good read here though before injury extent was known.

Todays Globe:

Can Sean Kuraly climb higher in the Bruins lineup? - The Boston Globe

Kuraly, who potted a pair of goals in Tuesday’s 5-0 whitewashing of the Islanders, is an important piece of the Boston attack, though not typically counted on for his point production. Coach Bruce Cassidy prefers to start the night with whatever line Kuraly inhabits — riding left wing with Noel Acciari and Chris Wagner is a favorite — because first impressions are important. Kuraly has impact.

“Absolutely, he has to be one of the lead sled dogs, in terms of playing north-south hockey,” said Cassidy, who gave his 45-20-9 squad a day off skates Friday in Florida. “Chris Wagner is very good at that, too.

For all that, including his 8 goals and 21 points (both career highs), Kuraly remains cast as a bottom-sixer. Cassidy values his skill set as a tone-setter rather than a point-getter — not that any coach dismisses whatever offensive gifts the guys “lower in the order” are able to create. One truism of hockey today and throughout the ages: All points welcome.

To make his way up to the top six, which would mean as one of David Krejci’s wingers on the second line, Kuraly would need to prove he has more finish, according to Cassidy. Other than in-game adjustments, on a rare night when Cassidy is searching to shake the offense’s doldrums, Kuraly has not had a chance to prove he can or cannot fill that role.

“It’s about the opportunity,” said Marchand, who needed years on the job to convince then-coach Claude Julien he had the goods to be employed on the power play. “When you get that opportunity, you need to seize it. You need to perform when you are put in those situations, right?”

Kuraly, said Marchand, has the “attributes” to get there

“He’s got the speed. He’s got the work ethic,” said Marchand. “He is strong. Competes hard. He cares about his game. I mean, you watch him in practice, and he is always trying new things after practice, working on his game.

“So, yeah, he has that ability where the sky is the limit. It’s about how hard you want to work and push and take advantage of that opportunity.”

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Does suck.

Good read here though before injury extent was known.

Todays Globe:

Can Sean Kuraly climb higher in the Bruins lineup? - The Boston Globe

Kuraly, who potted a pair of goals in Tuesday’s 5-0 whitewashing of the Islanders, is an important piece of the Boston attack, though not typically counted on for his point production. Coach Bruce Cassidy prefers to start the night with whatever line Kuraly inhabits — riding left wing with Noel Acciari and Chris Wagner is a favorite — because first impressions are important. Kuraly has impact.

“Absolutely, he has to be one of the lead sled dogs, in terms of playing north-south hockey,” said Cassidy, who gave his 45-20-9 squad a day off skates Friday in Florida. “Chris Wagner is very good at that, too.

For all that, including his 8 goals and 21 points (both career highs), Kuraly remains cast as a bottom-sixer. Cassidy values his skill set as a tone-setter rather than a point-getter — not that any coach dismisses whatever offensive gifts the guys “lower in the order” are able to create. One truism of hockey today and throughout the ages: All points welcome.

To make his way up to the top six, which would mean as one of David Krejci’s wingers on the second line, Kuraly would need to prove he has more finish, according to Cassidy. Other than in-game adjustments, on a rare night when Cassidy is searching to shake the offense’s doldrums, Kuraly has not had a chance to prove he can or cannot fill that role.

“It’s about the opportunity,” said Marchand, who needed years on the job to convince then-coach Claude Julien he had the goods to be employed on the power play. “When you get that opportunity, you need to seize it. You need to perform when you are put in those situations, right?”

Kuraly, said Marchand, has the “attributes” to get there

“He’s got the speed. He’s got the work ethic,” said Marchand. “He is strong. Competes hard. He cares about his game. I mean, you watch him in practice, and he is always trying new things after practice, working on his game.

“So, yeah, he has that ability where the sky is the limit. It’s about how hard you want to work and push and take advantage of that opportunity.”
Thanks Wally.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
ugh this is awful, was really coming into his own & finding another gear. He's gonna be missed big-time in the first round.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Heinen may benefit from this injury. Heinen should have had a four point game in Jersey but it didn't happen due to Kuraly.

I like Kuraly and his hustle, but as someone said the other night, his hockey IQ is sub-zero.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
crap timing for this. his speed and energy make that 4th line go. now it's probably:

heinen - coyle - backes
nordstrom - acciari - wagner

with kuhlman apparently next in line.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Damn, this sucks for Kuraly and the 4th line. Looked like he was starting to get his game back after the concussion. Hopefully he'll be back for the second round.

At least he got an assist out of it I guess?

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
crap timing for this. his speed and energy make that 4th line go. now it's probably:

heinen - coyle - backes
nordstrom - acciari - wagner

with kuhlman apparently next in line.
Yeah that’s what I would go with . I would prefer Wagner up with Coyle and Heinen but don’t like a line of Nordstrom-Acciari- Backes . It’s time to keep Coyle on line 3 he now is essentially replacing Kuraly.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yeah that’s what I would go with . I would prefer Wagner up with Coyle and Heinen but don’t like a line of Nordstrom-Acciari- Backes . It’s time to keep Coyle on line 3 he now is essentially replacing Kuraly.

actually felt the Acciari/Nordy/Backes trio had a nice few games together, that is unless I``m incorrect and they weren`t the line I watched the other day?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad