Former Bruins Sean Kuraly: Signs w/ Columbus

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I'd say that's a fair statement. I think part of the issue is that Cassidy has his favorites like Claude used to, and Kuraly is one of them. So he gets more ice time than some, myself included, would like.
I think it has less to do with playing favorites and more to do with Colby Cave & Noel Acciari being his alternatives. at least Kuraly has shown a propensity to come up big from time to time, and his motor never quits.

Reactions: BMC

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I had been so disgusted with Kuraly I tossed him in a few of my trades mid December to get rid of him.

However, he’s been ridiculously good the past couple weeks and my opinion is because he is smart enough to know Colby Cave is a real threat to take his spot.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I had been so disgusted with Kuraly I tossed him in a few of my trades mid December to get rid of him.

However, he’s been ridiculously good the past couple weeks and my opinion is because he is smart enough to know Colby Cave is a real threat to take his spot.
Yeah I think a lot of us were expecting a lot more out of him. Myself included.

I just don’t see it with Cave. Or rather, see him full time with the big club right now with what he currently brings

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Yeah I think a lot of us were expecting a lot more out of him. Myself included.

I just don’t see it with Cave. Or rather, see him full time with the big club right now with what he currently brings

Who Kuraly?

you know how much he is being paid?

I never thought for one sec he was top 9 material....but is a very very good 4th line player

he is a relentless forchecker

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Who Kuraly?

you know how much he is being paid?

I never thought for one sec he was top 9 material....but is a very very good 4th line player

he is a relentless forchecker
Never said he was. You’re right. He’s a fourth line player. It’s what he was signed to be for this team.

I was referring to his play outside of this past 1/2 weeks that was questionable even for a fourth liner

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Kuraly is the literal definition of a replaceable player, the nice goals the last 2 games aside. If you have him, fine. If he wants more than you want to pay, let him walk. His skill set and overall game is easily replicated by dozens of other players in this league for less. You do not overextend for this kind of player. That's how the last GM got this team in cap hell.

If PC were still here, you just know Riley Nash and Tim Schaller would be here eating up $5M in cap space. I give Sweeney credit for passing on those two. Although at same time, wasn't a fan of Nordstrom and Wagner signings (at the time). To me, improving the 4th line depth wasn't an off-season need..... These middling bottom-6 guys typically have a short life span as well.

I like Kuraly for what he is. He's paid appropriately. Even when he's not scoring, he's generating shots/chances, winning faceoffs, and playing the body. Size and skating give him a good makeup for the 4th line.

Noel Acciari is the one that mystifies me. He kind of sucks at everything.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Heard Steve Burton call him Carol-e twice during the 6:00 news. Does he even watch?

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Heard Steve Burton call him Carol-e twice during the 6:00 news. Does he even watch?

He's the Pats official ball washer. He wouldn't know a puck if it hit him in his head.

I know his dad played for the Pats but Steve is pretty useless on anything Bruins , Like 90% of the Boston media.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
He's the Pats official ball washer. He wouldn't know a puck if it hit him in his head.

I know his dad played for the Pats but Steve is pretty useless on anything Bruins , Like 90% of the Boston media.

Lot's of stories out there about him being very difficult to work with as well. He's not good at all yet he's going to be there for life.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If PC were still here, you just know Riley Nash and Tim Schaller would be here eating up $5M in cap space. I give Sweeney credit for passing on those two. Although at same time, wasn't a fan of Nordstrom and Wagner signings (at the time). To me, improving the 4th line depth wasn't an off-season need..... These middling bottom-6 guys typically have a short life span as well.

I like Kuraly for what he is. He's paid appropriately. Even when he's not scoring, he's generating shots/chances, winning faceoffs, and playing the body. Size and skating give him a good makeup for the 4th line.

Noel Acciari is the one that mystifies me. He kind of sucks at everything.

with full NMC`s:laugh:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
For the past couple years ive liked what happens when kuraly/backes hook up. Im not sure kuraly has the hands to ever be a scorer, but could he be a brian boyle type guy who tips the ice on a 4th line?

I like the kids playing... and i call them the 4th line. Can kuraly/backes/nordstrom be an effective 3rd line at playoffs?

I know wagner fans will want him in... i say make him 13th forward

Its good to have depth. I quite like our bottom 6 options

Just find me a 2nd line rw please

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
For the past couple years ive liked what happens when kuraly/backes hook up. Im not sure kuraly has the hands to ever be a scorer, but could he be a brian boyle type guy who tips the ice on a 4th line?

I like the kids playing... and i call them the 4th line. Can kuraly/backes/nordstrom be an effective 3rd line at playoffs?

I know wagner fans will want him in... i say make him 13th forward

Its good to have depth. I quite like our bottom 6 options

Just find me a 2nd line rw please

I have him as a poor man's DeBrusk. Deceptively quick, hard to knock off the puck, likes to go to the dirty areas and can battle along the boards... just doesn't have the offensive skill

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Kid ONLY scores huge goals. Not a lot of em, but seems to be exclusively huge goals

Reactions: BMC

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
And some folks here wanted to bench him

Kuraly is relentless

Not sure if he can keep this scoring consistency alive... but it was huge tonight

Dont touch wagner acciari kuraly

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Sean Kuraly new year new hairdo err mask?

Theory ~ 4th line center
Reality ~ 3rd best center

Did Cassidy by accident discover the new way to use a lineup in the nhl

A young third line with more skill and hopefully long term value then the 4th but because of inexperience and ups and downs any game they can get 8 minutes or 16.

Said 3rd liners can also jump around during a game as we saw recently with Heinen and Donato

It’s unique but I like it a lot

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Very impressed and happy with the way Kuraly is playing lately. There was a point a few weeks ago where I was thinking they should have him sit out a game or three. He was looking pretty lost out there but now he’s playing better than ever. And to boot it seems he’s now got a nose for making big plays

Reactions: BMC and Flannelman

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Best 4th line in hockey and Sean is in the center of it.

I'll never understand fan's obsession with having a "permanent" 4th line.

The line is contributing right now, no doubt about it. But if you had say a better hockey player than Noel Acciari in the middle (and I'm just using ol' Noel as an example), then that line would be better than what it is right now.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I'll never understand fan's obsession with having a "permanent" 4th line.

The line is contributing right now, no doubt about it. But if you had say a better hockey player than Noel Acciari in the middle (and I'm just using ol' Noel as an example), then that line would be better than what it is right now.

If things stand as they are now injury wise (please we’ve had enough, thank you) you have to put Nordstrom in there when he comes back and that likely will be at Acciari ‘s expense. That’s still a couple of weeks away though

Reactions: FanSince72

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

There was a stretch where Cave really outplayed Kuraly and looked like the better player. But then Cave came back down to earth and Kuraly got better.

I think part of his improvement is moving from center to wing. I always thought he'd make a better winger, just doesn't have the on-ice vision and hockey IQ to play in the middle really effectively (not saying he can't do it in a pinch). He's a average-to-below average 4th line C, but he's an above-average 4th line LW.

Meanwhile I think Acciari is the opposite, I think he's a better C than W. I remember I actually liked Acciari when he broke in as the 4th line C way back in 2016.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad