Former Bruins Sean Kuraly: Signs w/ Columbus

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I'm feeling if we want 4 years 1 mill is very low. I'm going to guess around 2 years at around 1.2 and if we are lucky enough to get him for 4 years I'm thinking closer to 2 mill per season

calle jankrok is probably a good comparable... he got 6 years at 2 mill and has a bit more offense.

4 years is a bit much for me for Kuraly. I'd give him 2 years with a 20% raise which is right around 2 years 2.2mm total.

He hasn't proven to be anything more than a 4th line center at this point so why pay for his potential when hes a RFA?

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I quite liked that Donato, Backes, Kuraly line from Game 5.

It seemed to work for Backes.

Could Kuraly fill that 3rd line center spot?

In short, maybe, but maybe not. Are you willing to risk another black hole of a third line if Kuraly proves to be nothing more than a 4th liner?

Sign him like a 4th liner for two years then give him the money if he proves it.

Reactions: Rebel Bruin

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
hope they can sign him...Like is style.....need someone let over from DS trades

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I wouldn't hate him as 3rd line C if we went with a skilled 4th line. Also I never thought Riley was anything more than a 4th line C and he managed to hold his own so I'm not going to judge anyone before they fail at the job.

Reactions: BMC

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
No more than 2x1.3

If more you let him walk. Can’t be locking up average 4th liners to long term deals

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
hard to complain about the guy, busts his arse shift in and out, causes fits for opponents, wish his hands were a touch better but that`s why he`s on the 4th line

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Kuraly is the literal definition of a replaceable player, the nice goals the last 2 games aside. If you have him, fine. If he wants more than you want to pay, let him walk. His skill set and overall game is easily replicated by dozens of other players in this league for less. You do not overextend for this kind of player. That's how the last GM got this team in cap hell.

Reactions: Pia8988

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Kuraly is the literal definition of a replaceable player, the nice goals the last 2 games aside. If you have him, fine. If he wants more than you want to pay, let him walk. His skill set and overall game is easily replicated by dozens of other players in this league for less. You do not overextend for this kind of player. That's how the last GM got this team in cap hell.
good thing he's signed for 3 years at reasonable money then because he's a terrific 4th liner and if this team had a real 3rd line nobody would ever complain about him.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
good thing he's signed for 3 years at reasonable money then because he's a terrific 4th liner and if this team had a real 3rd line nobody would ever complain about him.

I'd say that's a fair statement. I think part of the issue is that Cassidy has his favorites like Claude used to, and Kuraly is one of them. So he gets more ice time than some, myself included, would like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad