Former Bruins Sean Kuraly: Signs w/ Columbus

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Bought a Kuraly player tee and a DeBrusk yesterday... went down to my car to change into one.... was about to throw on the DeBrusk, and I was like "nope, I'm feeling SK52". Love it. Motor never stops. Very proud I was representing 52 last night.

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
My type of player for sure... heard doug mclean rave about this kid on trade day and it made me a fan

Seen him with backes as our top line against ottawa and expected that ever since

To be honest he sort of under performed from my hopes.

Still... my highlight of these playoffs was leafs lunch host andi pertrillo in the first round trivilizing kuralys return. Leafs were up and she giggled a question what difference would a 4th liner make?

I hope shes a little better educated today

And as a kuraly fan im happy to see his play but i just hope its permanent now. Hes a hell of a player like this

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I lock him up at 2Y, 1-1.2M max. You can't be overpaying 4th liners. @Alberta_OReilly_Fan Have you been hanging out with Chia in AB?

Heres an example of how contracts can be tricky. This was all back in april last year when i was debating kuralys pay with a couple other posters

I predicted hed get 1.2 for 2 years... i said it would take around 2 for a 4 year deal

No one liked my numbers but here we are a year later

I think a 4 year deal at 2 would be considered pretty popular right about now

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Heres an example of how contracts can be tricky. This was all back in april last year when i was debating kuralys pay with a couple other posters

I predicted hed get 1.2 for 2 years... i said it would take around 2 for a 4 year deal

No one liked my numbers but here we are a year later

I think a 4 year deal at 2 would be considered pretty popular right about now

2 to 2.5 per season is my estimate

Lock him up for 4 years, easily

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I think your really overstating Kuraly’s inportance to a hockey team.

I like his intangibles, but your going over board.

Im going to necro this from last year too bruindust because you and i often debate intangibles and 4th line grinders

You are often right about certain things but i hope youve seen some of what weve been saying here lately and you can join us in the future when we talk about the importance of bruin character and compete level

If everyteam could put together a merlot line or find guys like us... they would

Its not so easy but when it happens its very good

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
You wouldn’t think a forth line player ,could make such a difference on a team.but man he has been a huge difference maker on the team.

Reactions: BMC

Bruinguru

Jul 8, 2013
Saskatoon, SK
So if memory serves, and I'm sorry if this has already been spoken of - it was Lucic to L.A. for Jones and and 1st (Zboril), then Jones for Kuraly and a 1st (Frederic).

What a haul...

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Just wanna say again I love Sean Kuraly

Bruins would have been golfing in April if he didn’t return in Game 5 and give us our elite 4th line

4th line Games 1-4 vs Toronto combined

0 Goals
0 Assists
0 Points

4th line Game 5 on combined (16 Games)

11 Goals
12 Assists
22 Points
+17

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Is every goal Kuraly scored in these playoffs a game-winner? I think they might be.

Game 7 Toronto not a GWG but was huge
2-1 entering the 3rd...Kuraly scores to make it 3-1

Game 4 Columbus not a GWG but was huge
2-1 entering the 3rd Kuraly scores to make it 3-1

Game 1 St Louis GWG
2-2 entering the 3rd Kuraly scores to make it 3-2

Game 3 St Louis GWG
2-0 late in first Blues still got a chance if they get to the buzzer down 2..But than Kuraly scores 3-0 end of 1 and you knew it was over

So 2 GWG

AND

2 massive goals in MUST win games in the 3rd period to extend the lead to 2 basically ending the game

Reactions: BMC

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
And also What a steal by Don Sweeney

Getting Kuraly to sign a 3 year deal at 1.275 Mill

He is an absolute steal this year and will be for the next 2 seasons

With his intangibles and what he brings to a team his value is probably about 3 million dollars per

Donny doesn’t get enough credit for that contract and for how he is a master negotiator

Last edited:
Reactions: Chief Nine

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital

With his intangibles and what he brings to a team his value is probably about 3 million dollars per

Donny doesn’t get enough credit for that contract and for how that he is a master negotiator
I really hate to admit this, but that is true in Kuraly’s case.

Reactions: TwineTickler

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

Donny doesn’t get enough credit for that contract and for how he is a master negotiator

not that a lot of people care but I got to own up to a mistake here in this thread. I made a comment earlier that we should have signed him 4 at 2... and its a comment I also made back in the day... and then I said wouldnt that be nice now

well... I was thinking he had signed a 2 year deal. its a mistake I made. I didnt go to cap friendly. I posted only using my memory and I was wrong.

obviously the 3 year deal at 1.275 is bestter than my prosal 4 at 2. Donnie did do a great contract here.

kuralys due for a huge raise on his next day but I doubt it will be 4.1 mill a year

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Is every goal Kuraly scored in these playoffs a game-winner? I think they might be.

you could be right but if not, it sure seems like just when the B`s need a bit of a lift or jolt, if they are playing so so hockey or under par hockey, he and his line just bring that jolt they need.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Best Bruins 4th liner since...? The Merlot line worked well as a tandem but none of them were on the level of Kuraly. And I mean a player that usually played on the 4th line so no Marchand answers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->