Former Bruins Sean Kuraly: Signs w/ Columbus

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Did you see him banging his stick on the ice as he headed into the offensive zone? He was so hyped tonight

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Love his leaps. He even was leaping after the empty net goal he didn't even score haha. Love his energy
The sheer emotion he plays with is contagious.

Don’t try those leaps at home no matter how excited you get hahaha

Reactions: LSCII

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm happy to admit my takes on him to start the season were off by a mile....

I don't think they were off at all, he was pretty lousy in the first couple months of the season. But he turned it around big time.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I don't think they were off at all, he was pretty lousy in the first couple months of the season. But he turned it around big time.

I was really more pissed that they were trying to elevate him than his being on the team outright. But regardless, he absolutely turned his season around and was a big part of that win last night. Have to give him full credit for that.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
All or almost all the sophomore players had poor starts. That's the sophomore slump people talk about. They all came out of it and are key players right now. Last year was Carlo's sophomore slump year and he pulled out of it towards the end of the year too.
That's the big downside to a large rookie class. The Bruins weathered the storm early on from that and D injuries and still came in 3rd league wide standing, and have home ice throughout the playoffs. Woohoo!

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I think we’re seeing how important Kuraly is to this line-up since coming back. He is that 4th line. They are night and day since his return and I don’t think it’s a coincidence.

They were a minus tonight but they had their legs all game long.

Reactions: 00BW

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
I think we’re seeing how important Kuraly is to this line-up since coming back. He is that 4th line. They are night and day since his return and I don’t think it’s a coincidence.

They were a minus tonight but they had their legs all game long.

Amen. He is a catalyst and elite 4th liner. Anderson (very) light, but the closest thing the Bs have for a response to the guy running all over the place and dominating.

A really big hit on a star player or another clutch goal from this guy would go a long way in firing up the team Thursday.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
People prior to Kuraly coming back-

“Your know your in trouble when you’re hoping a fourth liner returns”

How bou now???

This kid is a playoff STUD. He revived the fourth line for the last few games of this series. Made them not only useful again. But also a threat!

Sean ****ing Kuraly ladies and gentlemen
IM BRINGING THIS BACK

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I'll just point out that Kuraly has 6 goals in 22 NHL Bruins playoff games; Seguin had 6 goals in 42 NHL Bruins playoff games, and another 4 in 17 NHL Dallas playoff games.

Damn if Kuraly isn't worth every penny he makes.

Super important piece to this team, and he is clutch as f***!

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I'll just point out that Kuraly has 6 goals in 22 NHL Bruins playoff games; Seguin had 6 goals in 42 NHL Bruins playoff games, and another 4 in 17 NHL Dallas playoff games.

Damn if Kuraly isn't worth every penny he makes.

7, but one of them didn't count because the referee didn't see it go in and was trying to cover himself so he called it goaltender interference ... and then he scored again later that OT.

Is it just me, or is *every single* goal he scores a big one? Overtime winners, clutch third-period goals, game-winners.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I love the guy,I don't think he's at 100% but he's showing that at 80% he can have an impact.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

I'm happy to admit my takes on him to start the season were off by a mile....

I agree with @BruinDust Lonnie, Kuraly had a brutal stretch early on where he needed to either sit or heal up from whatever was bothering him. Pretty much since the Winter Classic, he's been awesome

Reactions: BruinDust

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Best trade ever. Lock him the hell up.

Kuraly is another branch of the tree from the Cam Neely trade, which might have been one of the best trades in Bruins franchise history (the trade that netted Phil Esposito being, by far, the best).

A first round pick also came from VAN along with Neely, which was used to draft Glen Wesley, who was traded/comped to Hartford, used the pick to draft Sergei Samsonov, who was later traded to Edmonton. Part of the return from the trade was a second-round pick that was used to draft Milan Lucic, who was traded to the Kings for Martin Jones, who was traded to the Sharks for Sean Kuraly and a pick ... Jakub Zboril is also still in the organization from that trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->