Sean Kuraly

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
In acquiring Sean Kuraly, Bruins had valuable resource

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...le-resource/RYLG6cMmWmzvwhytzmhnlK/story.html

WILMINGTON — On June 30, Sean Kuraly was Sharks property. He was preparing to attend his fifth development camp with the club that drafted him in the fifth round in 2011.

His plane ticket to San Jose would not be necessary.

That day, as Kuraly walked into Miami University’s workout facility, the call came from San Jose that he’d been traded to Boston for Martin Jones. Then Kuraly entered coach Enrico Blasi’s office. It just so happened that Bruins general manager Don Sweeney was calling Blasi to inform the Miami coach that Kuraly was no longer a Shark.

“I didn’t know what I was supposed to think,†Kuraly recalled of the news.

Kuraly was scheduled to leave that weekend for San Jose. He spent the rest of the morning swapping his western travel itinerary for one that would take him in the other direction.

“I’m excited for what’s new,†said the 22-year-old center, who will be Miami’s captain in 2015-16. “I really have no control over where I play, so I might as well make the best of it. I’m lucky in this particular instace that it was in Boston.â€

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad