Prospect Info: Sean Farrell, C/LW, 124th Overall

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Wow, yeesh, we will CERTAINLY have to disagree about that ugh
You're right about that, these guys aren't the type of talent this team needs....

Surprised you wouldn't want a 4th round pick to turn into one of them.

I don't think any of those 3 were the problems on our teams, including those they were on that went to the conference finals. The problems were more in other areas of the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wats

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
So hard to be excited for this guy lol, eventually bringing in Caufield at 5"7 is already a risky endeavor, and getting all jazzed up for another 5"9er to make it just feels like going backwards unfortunately
He may be great trade material though... need a good forward prospect for which we have no chair? Send a big solid D which we need etc.. Who knows if Caufield will still play with the habs when Farrel is ready...

MarkyMarkov

Jan 31, 2010
He may be great trade material though... need a good forward prospect for which we have no chair? Send a big solid D which we need etc.. Who knows if Caufield will still play with the habs when Farrel is ready...

This guy gets it. Big players that don't make the NHL are literally worthless. If we have a bunch of small talented players, we can trade them for needs - kind of like we did in swapping Domi for Anderson.

Reactions: DAChampion

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Most players who average 2 PPG in Tier I junior are ready to step into the NHL. :(

Their whole first line should be playing in the NCAA right now, can't really make that kind of statement.

Half of the top 10 scorers is on the Chicago Steel plus Sasmokevich who has 21 pts in 16 games.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Surprised you wouldn't want a 4th round pick to turn into one of them.

I don't think any of those 3 were the problems on our teams, including those they were on that went to the conference finals. The problems were more in other areas of the team.
Their salaries were definitely a problem and should have been spent on better players.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Their salaries were definitely a problem and should have been spent on better players.

ok we'll agree to disagree on Gionta and Cammalleri...

But this 4th round pick doesn't have a salary problem. And Gallagher's been an absolute bargain cap hit wise through the first 9 years of his career.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Well, Farrell just turned 19 a couple months back, so it isn't like he's overage for junior hockey. The USHL isn't traditionally a high scoring league, and it's stronger than ever this year with an influx of players from other leagues who are shut down. Plus players like Farrell, who would ordinarily have moved up to the college ranks, are still there.

Timmins compared him to Gallagher after the draft, and he may save Tiny Trev's job the way the Gallagher pick has for a few years

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
So hard to be excited for this guy lol, eventually bringing in Caufield at 5"7 is already a risky endeavor, and getting all jazzed up for another 5"9er to make it just feels like going backwards unfortunately
He's listed at 5-10, 177, on the Steel roster. Pretty close to the size of Nick Suzuki when he was drafted.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Well, Farrell just turned 19 a couple months back, so it isn't like he's overage for junior hockey. The USHL isn't traditionally a high scoring league, and it's stronger than ever this year with an influx of players from other leagues who are shut down. Plus players like Farrell, who would ordinarily have moved up to the college ranks, are still there.

Timmins compared him to Gallagher after the draft, and he may save Tiny Trev's job the way the Gallagher pick has for a few years

Not saying he won't be good, just that he is playing at a level under what he was supposed to play this year on a very overstacked team.

I want to see him in the NCAA before jumping on the hype train. He is impressive though.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Farrell could spend the next 2 years in the NCAA and another 2 in Laval, so 5 years from now the lineup could be very different. Granted who knows maybe he gets there sooner then later or not at all. He dominated the USHL last year, so it's tough to get a read on him, other then I see he's been with Doan and not the 2 '21 likely 1st round picks.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Farrell could spend the next 2 years in the NCAA and another 2 in Laval, so 5 years from now the lineup could be very different. Granted who knows maybe he gets there sooner then later or not at all. He dominated the USHL last year, so it's tough to get a read on him, other then I see he's been with Doan and not the 2 '21 likely 1st round picks.
His listed linemates last game were Doan, who went undrafted, and a tiny 17 year old, Jack Harvey who had 3 assists in 22 games for the season. Not exactly McDavid and Draitsl.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Ferrell is a very likeable prospect, talent wise, and personality wise. Montreal got great character in the last draft. Best I've seen as long as I've followed them.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Ferrell is a very likeable prospect, talent wise, and personality wise. Montreal got great character in the last draft. Best I've seen as long as I've followed them.

I like that it's a combination of character and talent.

I have a feeling failures like Scherbak made them extra careful of not just to go for talent.

And perhaps failures like McCarron made them make sure they got talent, and not just character and need.

Reactions: Sagikev

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
*Farrell.
I spend too much time listening to Sierra Ferrell. ☺

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad