Prospect Info: Sean Farrell, C/LW, 124th Overall

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Muskegon (Pitlick) vs. Chicago (Farrell) right now. After one period, it's tied 1-1. Farrell scores his 9th of the season:

Meanwhile, Stapley was a scratch today for Denver. I hope it's due to injury, because last game, even though he got an assist in the game, he was listed as 4C. So I don't know if he's getting demoted or if he's not 100% healthy and he was sheltered last game on the 4th line and tonight a scratch or if he is in the doghouse (which would surprise me).

I was a bit disheartened to find out Farrell's 19. I'm still liking what I'm seeing but it's hard to gage in this league for a 19y/o

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
I was a bit disheartened to find out Farrell's 19. I'm still liking what I'm seeing but it's hard to gage in this league for a 19y/o

Agreed, tough spot for the kid though with the Ivy League out of commission this season. Realistically, the USHL was the best option, short of him jumping through hoops in the NCAA transfer portal.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

He's a November birth, so he's on average about 6 months older than the 18 year olds of his draft year, and on average about 6 months younger than the 19 year olds of the previous draft year. It is what it is. I wouldn't worry too much about the 6 months issue.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
In a perfect world this youngster should be playing in the NCAA. With Covid issues I think its just important that he play somewhere.

In the USHL so far in 18 games he has 35 points. He has a point in every game but one.

Impressive numbers regardless of being 19.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
He's a November birth, so he's on average about 6 months older than the 18 year olds of his draft year, and on average about 6 months younger than the 19 year olds of the previous draft year. It is what it is. I wouldn't worry too much about the 6 months issue.
I don't really think the early birthday thing is too much of a guage on players future. Unless he has the third year of junior before draft. Seems to help defensemen more

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Gotta be happy with his play this year even though he didn't get to go to the NCAA. Those numbers are going to give him a lot of confidence.

Hes definitely way too good to be playing in the USHL right now, and playing with Coronato is definitely helping as he’s pretty much a sure shot first rounder. I’d love to target him

Reactions: montreal

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
It's pretty awesome how he was seen as a playmaker but now he's added this pretty damn good wrist shot. I'm bad at evaluating releases and what not but it looks like a pretty lethal wrister all in all.

I'm curious as to how many other 'overagers' are playing in the USHL right now to gage the quality of his opposition. Still I think this kid has potential. I feel pretty confident he'll get a pro contract at least. That might not be a big leap to say at this point lol but again I don't know how his game translates.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's pretty awesome how he was seen as a playmaker but now he's added this pretty damn good wrist shot. I'm bad at evaluating releases and what not but it looks like a pretty lethal wrister all in all.

I'm curious as to how many other 'overagers' are playing in the USHL right now to gage the quality of his opposition. Still I think this kid has potential. I feel pretty confident he'll get a pro contract at least. That might not be a big leap to say at this point lol but again I don't know how his game translates.

He should get a pro contract unless his NCAA career is a burn-out.. but this guy has all the tools, except height, to be a legitimate candidate to develop into a top 6 player.

I'd be happy if one of him or Hillis pans out.. Hillis has gotten really strong in this time off, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he adapts to the AHL. He's always read to me as a player who will get better as he goes up levels as his playmaking is so good, his vision is top notch and the more structured things are and the higher level thinkers he plays with, the more he can create.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He should get a pro contract unless his NCAA career is a burn-out.. but this guy has all the tools, except height, to be a legitimate candidate to develop into a top 6 player.

I'd be happy if one of him or Hillis pans out.. Hillis has gotten really strong in this time off, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he adapts to the AHL. He's always read to me as a player who will get better as he goes up levels as his playmaking is so good, his vision is top notch and the more structured things are and the higher level thinkers he plays with, the more he can create.

I'm very intrigued by Hillis bulking up and (I think I read that he did) improving his skating. I think he's a darkhorse prospect for us who could move up the rankings pretty quickly. I can almost guarantee he has a better career than Ylonen who I don't have much faith in.

Farell might be even toolsier than Hillis but I've only seen highlights. Hopefully Farell can mature physically the way Hillis has reported to have done.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
So hard to be excited for this guy lol, eventually bringing in Caufield at 5"7 is already a risky endeavor, and getting all jazzed up for another 5"9er to make it just feels like going backwards unfortunately

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
So hard to be excited for this guy lol, eventually bringing in Caufield at 5"7 is already a risky endeavor, and getting all jazzed up for another 5"9er to make it just feels like going backwards unfortunately

I'm ok with bringing legit talent into the big club. Yes to more Gallagher, Cammalleri, Gionta, and young Tatars. No to more Weals, Pecas, and Desharnais's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad