Prospect Info: Sean Farrell, C/LW, 124th Overall

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
do you have a particular video in mind?

He's trying to make the US team with his good friend Brisson, who is pretty much guaranteed a spot while Sean is fighting for one. The Steel traded in order to get Brisson, whereas they had drafted Farrell prior to that.

Here against Canada Brisson pulls a Cammy, and Farrell gets two goals; a well timed wrister from the point (!) that lands top shelf and a hard fought Gallagher goal to win it with 16 minutes left in the 3rd.

If you look at some of the goals he's had with the Steel, shot placement is very diversified. No issue hitting top shelf, no issue figuring out that the goalie is giving too much via five-hole. Remains a pass-first winger though.

Reactions: 26Mats

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Getting to know Montreal Canadiens 123rd overall selection Sean Farrell
Farrell is first and foremost a rushing threat. He loves to carry the puck up ice.

He's quick, but his skating has some mechanical issues. He lacks ankle flexion and recovers his feet wide of his centre of mass. Still, he manages to generate speed by powering through his inefficiency at a high rate and using crossovers. The prospect overwhelms opponents with his high-pace attacks, but his elevated tempo never prevents him from spotting great passion options.
Away from the puck, Farrell takes appropriate routes to support the play and shows good timing to attack the slot and present his stick for passes coming from below the goal line. He also isn’t afraid to work through traffic to get his blade on the puck when it sits in the crease.
Farrell’s high pace of play, his vision, his elusiveness, and his passing ability should make him an immediately threatening top-six player for Harvard University when he joins the team, be it this season or next. To become more than a great college player, Farrell will need to continue working on his skating so that he can catch defenders off-guard at the NHL level, too. He'll also have to add even more trickery to his offensive movements and rushes, like changes of speed and corridor, so that he continues to elude even professional defenders. At 5’9”, he won’t be able to outmuscle them in battles.

Diversifying his game by becoming a dangerous shooter would also help him retain his offence as he rises through the rank...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Chicago Steel will play their first preseason game at 4PM ET. Farrel is at 1LW:

ElHH4YTXUAAG1HP

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
so Farrell has to stay in the USHL all year, that sucks since he dominated last year leading the league in assists per game and tied for the lead in overall assists. Granted it gives him time to work on filling out his frame, get stronger but just hope he doesn't stagnate.

Reactions: Gyfu

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
sucks cause he can't do ECHL or anything because of NCAA rules

they have lifted the rules for players on teams that have canceled their season, but who knows what the Habs and Farrell will want to do. The Canes 2nd round pick in '18, Jack Drury was loaned to an SHL club, now that it's official since before it was said they might be able to play starting in Jan, I suspect more players may look to leave the Ivy leagues at least ones with serious NHL intentions.

Plekatorz

Jun 6, 2019
Nice clips! Next phase of his challenge is how he does with less time and space. In open space, he's clearly dangerous and his tempo is up there. Reminds me of a young Hudon but hopefully he develops better once he turns pro.
Exactly

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013

I like what Caufield said. : « « steal » ». Sometimes, players on the ice has a better evaluation about players. I remember talking with my cousins (a Q player) about, who was the best player in the Q according to him in 2010-11 i think He said : mike hoffman. I was like what? After that i said. No Louis Leblanc?? ( first pick for mtl). He litteraly said, no and he will never make the nhl. I found him crazy at that time, but truly, he was right cause he was at the best place to evaluate them. He was facing them on the ice. So caufield saiying farrell is a steal. I really like it.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I like what Caufield said. : « « steal » ». Sometimes, players on the ice has a better evaluation about players. I remember talking with my cousins (a Q player) about, who was the best player in the Q according to him in 2010-11 i think He said : mike hoffman. I was like what? After that i said. No Louis Leblanc?? ( first pick for mtl). He litteraly said, no and he will never make the nhl. I found him crazy at that time, but truly, he was right cause he was at the best place to evaluate them. He was facing them on the ice. So caufield saiying farrell is a steal. I really like it.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Farrell gonna put up video game numbers this year.

Do you know if his plan was to join Harvard this year if they didn't cancel the season?

He put up well over a PPG in the USHL last year and he's 19 already... would have really liked to see him in the NCAA this year.

I wouldn't ever discourage a kid from going to Harvard, but I wish he would've committed to a school in the Big 10 or Hockey East so we could see him get some NCAA action this year

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Montreal, I am thankful for YOU on this joyous thanksgiving day.

Thank you for all the information and videos you've been putting together lately

I don't know why it took me this long to figure it out but if I make enough vids I might actually start making some money off this instead of spending 150 bucks or so every year for the past 10+ years or so (whenever all the AHL.tv, OHL, WHL, NCAA pay streaming started)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->