Prospect Info: Sean Farrell, C/LW, 124th Overall

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He has reached the 100pt mark! Impressive season just the 2nd player ever in ushl history

Counting Farrell, I see 22 100+ points season. Most of them are in the 1980s, with Peter Ferraro in 1991-1992 and Jason Blake in 1993-1994. After them, you have to go to 2011-2012 with Kevin Roy and now 2020-2021 with Farrell.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The ECAC released their schedule today. The Ivy League schools that opted out last year will return to play next year starting November 5th for a 19-game season. Here is Harvard's schedule, where Farrell will play next year:

E1H1VD7XIAoVz19

Reactions: Gyfu and dralaf

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Counting Farrell, I see 22 100+ points season. Most of them are in the 1980s, with Peter Ferraro in 1991-1992 and Jason Blake in 1993-1994. After them, you have to go to 2011-2012 with Kevin Roy and now 2020-2021 with Farrell.
And none have done squat in the NHL. Let's see what he can do in Harvard before getting crazy on him.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
And none have done squat in the NHL. Let's see what he can do in Harvard before getting crazy on him.

Peter Ferraro and Kevin Roy are/were good AHLer who were decent in their short NHL stint. Jason Blake was a pretty good NHLer with 5 20+ goal seasons (including a 40 goal one).

The level of the USHL is better now than in the 1980s, so those don't really compare.

I agree that Harvard will be a better evaluation of his abilities.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Peter Ferraro and Kevin Roy are/were good AHLer who were decent in their short NHL stint. Jason Blake was a pretty good NHLer with 5 20+ goal seasons (including a 40 goal one).

The level of the USHL is better now than in the 1980s, so those don't really compare.

I agree that Harvard will be a better evaluation of his abilities.
Sorry. I missed Blake.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He was considered a good prospect even before this season. The fact that he conjured up a pretty damn good shot out of nowhere is definitely promising. You have to take his season with a grain of salt but you also really couldn't ask for any better from him. Nice to have some decent depth in forwards coming down the pipe.

Reactions: bopeep

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Regular season over for Chicago.

Farrell finished the year with 101 pts (29G, 72A) in 53 GP.

Did Corronato make Farrell this season, or did Farrell make Corronato - or a combination of both?

Similarly, did Hughes make Caufield or vice vesa?

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Did Corronato make Farrell this season, or did Farrell make Corronato - or a combination of both?

Similarly, did Highes make Caufield or vice vesa?

It goes both ways. But Farrell didn't always play with Corronato. So despite being on separate lines, they both produced.

Also, with the record Farrell set this year, a lot of it was on Sean.

Reactions: dralaf

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Similarly, did Hughes make Caufield or vice vesa?

I saw a good bit of them early on in the season and then not much after. When I did Farrell had the 2 '21 prospects on his line. Farrell was the best player on the line as he was skilled and smart but also had some jam surprisingly as he looks like he's 12. Then Samoskevich got injured and Farrell got new linemates. Coronato then went on a tear in what was their 2nd line if you can believe it. So did he take off because Farrell's line got more attention being the top line, either way that team was totally stacked so it is tough to say.

I am looking forward to watching both of them at Harvard in the fall.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
With Caufield's early success, I'm really liking this pick more and more. This Farrell kid is fast and has hands. He's a dynamic offensive threat. Definately worth a shot where he was picked. I hope he makes it.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
With Caufield's early success, I'm really liking this pick more and more. This Farrell kid is fast and has hands. He's a dynamic offensive threat. Definately worth a shot where he was picked. I hope he makes it.

Sure it was the USHL and he was 19 but still he literally couldn't have had a better season. People really liked the pick at the time and he hadn't even really shown the shot that he had which looks pretty damn good. He was seen as primarily a playmaker from what I remember. Last draft has 5 really intriguing talents. Guhle and Mysak look like sure fire NHLers. The former being as safe a bet as any. Tuch and Farrell were great and Dobes showing flashes. Not bad considering how much people disliked our first two picks and thought it was a pretty meh draft.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Sure it was the USHL and he was 19 but still he literally couldn't have had a better season. People really liked the pick at the time and he hadn't even really shown the shot that he had which looks pretty damn good. He was seen as primarily a playmaker from what I remember. Last draft has 5 really intriguing talents. Guhle and Mysak look like sure fire NHLers. The former being as safe a bet as any. Tuch and Farrell were great and Dobes showing flashes. Not bad considering how much people disliked our first two picks and thought it was a pretty meh draft.
I know not all of them will work out, but they seem like a solid group of picks. I'm really excited about Guhle after this playoff run and the success our big defensemen have had. I'm hoping Guhle can be like a Colton Parayko for us. He's a big, strong, mean 2-way D with apparently elite skating/mobility. Should be a useful player at least. I'm glad we picked him.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I know not all of them will work out, but they seem like a solid group of picks. I'm really excited about Guhle after this playoff run and the success our big defensemen have had. I'm hoping Guhle can be like a Colton Parayko for us. He's a big, strong, mean 2-way D with apparently elite skating/mobility. Should be a useful player at least. I'm glad we picked him.

Guhle is a fantastic skater irregardless of his size. He also has underrated offense imo. Good slapper/wrister and I've seen him actually flash some impressive mitts at times. If he can round out that side of his game he could really be dynamite.

Mysak should at least be a 4th liner. Very interesting. If he puts the work in skating/strength wise he could actually be pretty dynamic. Great shot and hands. People thought he might've had tunnel vision but the little I saw it didn't seem to be the case. Great defensively and his attitude is apparently top notch.

Tuch and Farrell at least have real pro potential. Hopefully Tuch can improve on a promising freshman season. I was low key shocked he showed the offense he did. Farrell is still really hard to project because of where he played but I'm just glad that we got a small skill kid where skating is an asset. We'll see though.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
If Cole Caufield at 5'7 is going to be a star player in NHL. I believe at 5'9 Sean Farrell can be succeed too. USHL isn't NCAA, so i can't wait to see him in NCAA. This kid have pretty crazy skill set.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

shao01

Aug 25, 2008
Montreal
I will go out on a limb and say that he will work out to be a real good NHL player for us.

I have a gut feeling we will see him on a line with Caufield feeding him pucks one day playing together. Their skillsets compliment each other perfectly.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I will go out on a limb and say that he will work out to be a real good NHL player for us.

I have a gut feeling we will see him on a line with Caufield feeding him pucks one day playing together. Their skillsets compliment each other perfectly.

The best part is Farrell have been selected at 4th round, #124. Johnny Gaudreau, 5"9 like Farrell, have been selected at... 4th round, #104.

Caufield can easily become the next DeBrincat.

Maybe Farrell can become the next Gaudreau?

That would be very amazing for the futur!!!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

5'-9" and 5'-7" players on the same line? Has this ever been done in the NHL before?

I rather wait till we see a full NCAA season first. Don't love or hate this prospect. I think it's too early to track forward

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad