Prospect Info: Sean Farrell, C/LW, 124th Overall

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The 2019 US NTDP U-18 team was one of the best teams in program history, filled with players who were drafted high in the 2019 NHL Draft. Sean Farrell was also part of that squad, but due to his November birthdate, he was not eligible until the 2020 Draft. In the meantime, he spent another year in the USHL, playing with Chicago Steel. The Steel were a dominant club, going 41-7-1 and finishing first in the league. Farrell scored 15 goals and 41 assists for 56 points in 44 games, leading the league in assists. Farrell also played at the World Junior A Hockey Challenge. He put up five goals and eight points in six games, winning a silver medal.

In 2018-19, Farrell scored 11 goals and 27 assists for 38 points in 64 games with the US NTDP. He also picked up two assists in seven games at the IIHF Under-18 World Championships, winning a bronze medal. In 2017-18, Farell scored nine goals and 40 points in 61 games with the U-17 team. Farrell also had two goals and an assist at the 2017 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge, winning a gold medal. He is committed to playing hockey for Harvard next season.

Sean Farrell Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #62 - Last Word on Hockey

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Picked him in my mock on this board at 86. I like the pick. Chromiak and Dufour still on the board tho.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I guess he repeats in the USHL since Havard has said no sports, although I believe they only canceled till Jan but I'll have to check on that.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Some had him in 2nd round. Had similar numbers to teammates Brisson and Colangelo who went early 2nd round.

The Marsh King

Feb 7, 2020
Ok, good. I was confused when they didn't pick Zion earlier, but I would rather have Farell if I had to choose between the two players. Some good picks this year!

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Was 42nd on Wheeler's list:

His main knocks on him: his size and the fact that he's playmaker who played on a stacked team. Wheeler is not one of those doubters since he felt he was a drive on those teams. Compares him to Abbruzze.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
https://www.futurescopehockey.com/post/2020-nhl-draft-rankings-united-states-edition

Sean Farrell is another exceptionally smart American Harvard commit out of the USHL. He’s a swiss army knife type player, who can play anywhere up and down the lineup. Farrell combines high speed with top notch hockey IQ into an enticing all around package. His hands are quick and decisive, and he isn’t afraid to get into corner battles. Farrell can play in all situations, and all three forward positions. He’s a pretty shifty little player, and like Laferriere, will likely spend four years in college. Farrell’s versatility and overall knowledge of the game will translate very well to the NCAA, and one day to the pros.

he led the league in assists

tied for the lead, but had a higher assists per game but thanks for pointing that out as it's great to see though's a late b-day, turning 19 next month and was on a stacked team in the USHL.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
For whatever it's worth, for the Chicago Steel:

- Brisson (1st round) - 59 pts in 45 GP
- Colangelo (2nd round) - 58 pts in 44 GP
- Farrell (4th round) - 56 pts in 44 GP.

Reactions: Habaneros

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->