Sean Couturier

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Is this the year he gets a Selke? Compared to Bergeron he has similar stats with 14% less Ozone starts and is killing him in 5v5 scoring.

There’s two Couturier threads for whatever reason but I said it in the other thread I think Bergeron won’t really be in it again this year because he’s missed a good amount of time. He finished third last year behind Kopitar & Couturier.

It’s tough to say who will win as for the longest time it’s essentially been Bergeron, Kopitar, & Toews dominating the voting.

Kopitar won’t be a finalist. Bergeron could be as well as Toews. I guess Couturier, Barkov, O’Reilly, etc. would be in that running as well.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
There’s two Couturier threads for whatever reason but I said it in the other thread I think Bergeron won’t really be in it again this year because he’s missed a good amount of time. He finished third last year behind Kopitar & Couturier.

It’s tough to say who will win as for the longest time it’s essentially been Bergeron, Kopitar, & Toews dominating the voting.

Kopitar won’t be a finalist. Bergeron could be as well as Toews. I guess Couturier, Barkov, O’Reilly, etc. would be in that running as well.
1. Let's be real, Coots is great, and he probably deserves more than 2 threads, we just can't articulate well enough to spill enough e-ink to give him proper justice.

B) Based on the assumption Bergeron isn't going to win the Selke, seems like it's Coots to lose. Going off the premise that one needs to be elected in order to win, that favors Coots. Otherwise, I'd think O'Reilly, again on the premise that the Blues make the playoffs and the Flyers miss it. While Barkov is definitely worthy of the award, I don't foresee him winning being on a non-playoff Panthers team, in the oft forgotten and typically considered bad market of S. Fla.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Yeah, we're talking about the guy who was the slowest 20 year old in the NHL, will never be a 1C with G on his wing, and was clearly the odd man out and should of been traded.

Eh, I completely agree with most of what you wrote--I'm not a fan of trading Couturier at all--but I think the questions about his skating are legitimate: he's the slowest 20 year old I've ever seen.

I honestly just think that Couturier is overrated by this fan base (I even saw someone say that he should be the eventual first line center with Giroux on the wing which I find ridiculous) and that's why I'm a proponent of trading him for a good young defenseman.

Seriously I love the flyers but lol @ anyone who continues to overrate Couturier over and over I can't stand half our fanbase. Ship him out for the right piece, he's the odd man out and it's clear.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He’s not quick but once he gets moving he’s definitely not slow.

Put it this way, his skating isn’t holding him back, which is all that matters.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
He’s not quick but once he gets moving he’s definitely not slow.

Put it this way, his skating isn’t holding him back, which is all that matters.

The important thing is he’s so strong on his skates and and smart positionally. For all the complaints about his quickness and speed, Couturier still creates breakaways.

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
I used to find Coots really frustrating. I thought great 3C with 2C upside. Really glad I was wrong about him.

Me too....forget the Selke. he should get votes for the Hart. His anticipation is amazing. He might have thebest stick I have seen since Pronger. he just eliminates plays with his reach. I was wrong about him and learned a lesson to let these young kids develop. Konecny, Myers, Provorov and Sanheim make mistakes. I just smile now knowing that they are just puppies because of Couturier's progression. BTW, I don't list Patrick as making mistakes . That dude is here.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Couturier is phenomenal at entering the offensive zone with possession of the puck & establishing space for himself & teammates. It’s remarkable.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Me too....forget the Selke. he should get votes for the Hart. His anticipation is amazing. He might have thebest stick I have seen since Pronger. he just eliminates plays with his reach. I was wrong about him and learned a lesson to let these young kids develop. Konecny, Myers, Provorov and Sanheim make mistakes. I just smile now knowing that they are just puppies because of Couturier's progression. BTW, I don't list Patrick as making mistakes . That dude is here.
I really hope you are John Boruk, because this post shows amazing growth, and if such a prominent media personality can see the light, maybe the coverage and dialogue has a chance to improve.

Reactions: Rebels57

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
Couturier is phenomenal at entering the offensive zone with possession of the puck & establishing space for himself & teammates. It’s remarkable.

He is also so good at erasing his teammates mistakes around the Flyers own blue line. So many times you will hear JJ say "Flyers turnover the puck again inside their own blue line...Couturier is there and gets the puck out of the zone." Little plays like that help you win games. That's why he is good with Voracek.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
I really hope you are John Boruk, because this post shows amazing growth, and if such a prominent media personality can see the light, maybe the coverage and dialogue has a chance to improve.

I watch the games.... I have half-season tickets and rarely miss a game on TV. If you cant see Couturier's progression than you are blind. I don't give a flying f*** about the analytics as they are overused a lot. All I know is when #14 is on the ice; as a fan you feel calmer. Which is odd for a forward; usually that's for a d-man like Desjardins and Pronger. When Giroux and Couturier are out there; you have two of the best faceoff men in the NHL. If Hextall/Hakstol were fired in the summer. We would be worrying about seeding not making the Playoffs. This team is talented. And we have some more young talent coming. And we have Mr. Carter Hart. I cant till next season......this is what an upcoming team feels and looks like.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
You’re dredging up my anger as to why this team shouldn’t be a bubble playoff, but a sure thing. Thanks. :sarcasm:
Keep in mind that until mid-January they lacked depth at Center because Patrick was playing & producing at a snail’s pace; Provorov was playing very poorly, Myers wasn’t up (I blame that much more on Hextall), the goaltending had been atrocious pre-Hart, Ghost having a very down season, Simmonds a wreck at ES.... this team had a lot of problems.

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad