Sean Couturier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Schenn is a solid second line center already with much more offensive talent than couturier he fits our future plans a lot more.

How is Schenn already a solid second line centre? What has he proven that Couts hasn't? Outside having slightly more points then Couts, while playing with more icetime in an offensive role. Frankly, I'd rather keep Couts than Schenn.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Again, young team and young players, ups and downs.

This board is horrible at tempering their expectations. These guys were never going to light it up this season. They are YOUNG, on a YOUNG team with flaws

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
You're taking my thread the wrong way... If you watch him you know he isn't the special player some people make him out to be his hockey IQ just isn't what ppl think it is... I'm saying for our franchise moving forward moving him could do us more good than keeping him before his value plummets... Just saying..

You keep saying he's not a "special" player, how do you know that from what you've seen of him?

Do I really have to list his qualifications for being a "special player"? I will list a few anyway:

-He made our team at 18 years old and was named our best defensive forward after his first game and this has not changed since.
-First 16 year old to lead the QMJHL in scoring since Sidney Crosby
-QMJHL MVP his draft year
-QMJHL Best Prospect Award
-highest PPG avg of all other draft picks in his year
-PPG in the AHL this season, only his second professional season

I mean, theres more, but I just don't get how you don't see how he is special. I'm just glad you aren't in charge of scouting our players or making team decisions cause I think you just don't know what to look for when you watch hockey.

And as others have said, why would you trade him for such a similar player in O'Reilly who will undoubtedly cost more?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Couturier has looked very good these past two games. I think once he is able to put on some muscle and continue to work on his game he will be able to start producing.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
You keep saying he's not a "special" player, how do you know that from what you've seen of him?

Do I really have to list his qualifications for being a "special player"? I will list a few anyway:

-He made our team at 18 years old and was named our best defensive forward after his first game and this has not changed since.
-First 16 year old to lead the QMJHL in scoring since Sidney Crosby
-QMJHL MVP his draft year
-QMJHL Best Prospect Award
-highest PPG avg of all other draft picks in his year
-PPG in the AHL this season, only his second professional season

I mean, theres more, but I just don't get how you don't see how he is special. I'm just glad you aren't in charge of scouting our players or making team decisions cause I think you just don't know what to look for when you watch hockey.

And as others have said, why would you trade him for such a similar player in O'Reilly who will undoubtedly cost more?

This is the NHL not the QMJHL ... Some guys adjust to the league better than others... You can tell watch him play... He doesn't have a high talent level.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Maybe they can trade him for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Or wait, he must stink since he only has 7 pts on the year like Couturier...and 1 less goal.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
This is the NHL not the QMJHL ... Some guys adjust to the league better than others... You can tell watch him play... He doesn't have a high talent level.

Now you are being ridiculous the guy is 20. By all accounts he probably shouldnt have even been in the NHL last year.

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Please tell me what you've seen that tells you that Coots has a high skill level.

Everytime someone does that, like pointing out Malkin's lack of points, his achievements in the juniors, you just dismiss it with some jibberish. I'm fairly sure you're just trying to provoke an argument and dismiss all positive traits of Couturier. Most likely a Colorado fan who loves Couturier and wants him on your team, so you're trying to make us all agree to do some armchair GM trade for O'Rielly so you can have him.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Having to see Couturier consistently play with linemates like Talbot and Knuble is disgusting

Edit: I know we have some injured players right now, but he always plays with lesser linemates

Chicken Chaser

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Mar 21, 2009
St. James's Gate
He's young and inconsistent offensively. what's troublesome is that he seems to freeze up or makes the wrong play (passing to a covered man, trying to pass through people) when he's in a prime scoring position. hopefully they can coach that out of him.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Everytime someone does that, like pointing out Malkin's lack of points, his achievements in the juniors, you just dismiss it with some jibberish. I'm fairly sure you're just trying to provoke an argument and dismiss all positive traits of Couturier. Most likely a Colorado fan who loves Couturier and wants him on your team, so you're trying to make us all agree to do some armchair GM trade for O'Rielly so you can have him.

I'm a realist the guy played Malkin well in the playoffs but please don't act like was 100% coots who shut him down haha...good player but vastly overrated by our fanbase and no I'm a flyers fan

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
He's young and inconsistent offensively. what's troublesome is that he seems to freeze up or makes the wrong play (passing to a covered man, trying to pass through people) when he's in a prime scoring position. hopefully they can coach that out of him.

Completely agree, he has little to no finishing ability at the NHL level and that's something that's instinct that elite young prospects already have.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania

He needs to just shoot the puck because Talbot is terrible offensively and knuble is about 4 years after his last good hockey. I can't believe they kept him in the lineup over McGinn the last two games. He may be great in the locker room but he hasn't done anything but take penalties at terrible times

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Never said Coots stinks I said we should explore moving him while his stock is high. Plus RNH is a much much better player than he will ever be.

I guess they flyers should of traded Richards in his 2nd year while his stock was high too. I wonder if they would have gotten the same return.

What's your proof that RNH is a much better player? Because he scored more as a rookie? Because he was drafted higher? Jordan Staal was drafted much higher than Giroux and scored more his rookie year? Is he much much better than Giroux?

buff

Aug 16, 2005
Quebec city
Sean Couturier is a Guy Carboneau, futur Selke trophy winner. To win the Stanley cup, you need this kind of player too.

Please lock this stupid topic someone....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad