Sean Couturier

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I know we all love this guy and he's so young and so on. . . But it's clear he's never going to be an 80 point center people act like he's gonna be he has nowhere near the hands or the vision or scoring touch to reach anywhere near that... Right now a lot of teams are high on him, I really do like Coots but for what we could get in return I think it's worth selling high now...Ryan O Riley? Or however you spell it. Don't hammer me its just a thought. . . I'm sure others have pondered the thought?

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Who in the world said he would be an 80 point center? :help:

A lot of fans were saying he had that potential... I'm just saying for what we can get for him moving forward seems to be really nice considering his price is at an all time high... Idk man I just don't see anything magical out of him like when giroux first came up you knew he was special... Similar to houberdou in this game you can see he's gonna be a special player... Couturier doesn't give me that feeling...

Mgkibbles

Dec 14, 2009
Gilbertsville, Pa
A lot of fans were saying he had that potential... I'm just saying for what we can get for him moving forward seems to be really nice considering his price is at an all time high... Idk man I just don't see anything magical out of him like when giroux first came up you knew he was special... Similar to houberdou in this game you can see he's gonna be a special player... Couturier doesn't give me that feeling...

Shutting down the leading scorer in the league during the Playoffs last year wasn't special? Also, not ever guy has the flair of Giroux or Huberduberduberdo. Remember Patrick Sharp? He didn't look real stellar for the Flyers, how'd he turn out? Same with Richards and Carter. It'll take Couturier a few years, but I still think he has the ability to hover around a ppg. But even if he only develops into a 60 point player, you're still gonna have a Selke candidate.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I'm getting so sick of this board. If one of our young guys doesn't rack up points like '85 Gretzky, people want to ship them out of town.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I'm sure that I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't be against trading him.
depending on what we could get obviously.

I'm in the minority with you but only for defensive help. ROR is basically the same thing as Couturier but will cost 3 or 4 million more. Theres no reason to trade him for the same thing he already is. ROR career high is 50 some point and before that was 26. They are the same player Couturier is just 2 years younger and 4 million dollars cheaper

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Shutting down the leading scorer in the league during the Playoffs last year wasn't special? Also, not ever guy has the flair of Giroux or Huberduberduberdo. Remember Patrick Sharp? He didn't look real stellar for the Flyers, how'd he turn out? Same with Richards and Carter. It'll take Couturier a few years, but I still think he has the ability to hover around a ppg. But even if he only develops into a 60 point player, you're still gonna have a Selke candidate.

Malkin wasn't shut down he had 8 points in 6 games man... That's not shut down...

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I would as well but only for defensive help. ROR is basically the same thing as Couturier but will cost 3 or 4 million more. Theres no reason to trade him for the same thing he already is. ROR career high is 50 some point and before that was 26. They are the same player Couturier is just 2 years younger and 4 million dollars cheaper

Agree with this post.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I'm getting so sick of this board. If one of our young guys doesn't rack up points like '85 Gretzky, people want to ship them out of town.

You're taking my thread the wrong way... If you watch him you know he isn't the special player some people make him out to be his hockey IQ just isn't what ppl think it is... I'm saying for our franchise moving forward moving him could do us more good than keeping him before his value plummets... Just saying..

Mgkibbles

Dec 14, 2009
Gilbertsville, Pa
I would as well but only for defensive help. ROR is basically the same thing as Couturier but will cost 3 or 4 million more. Theres no reason to trade him for the same thing he already is. ROR career high is 50 some point and before that was 26. They are the same player Couturier is just 2 years younger and 4 million dollars cheaper

I'm in the same boat. I love Couturier, but if there was a deal available to get a really good young defenseman, I'd have to think about it. But trading Couturier for another center who's more expensive and with less upside is asinine.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
People before the season weren't willing to trade this guy for Seth Jones straight up. I get why people like him but his value gets a little overrated on this board.

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
No thanks, don't really want O;Rielly with how this whole Colorado thing is playing out, makes him seem like a selfish player. I'd much rather keep Couts unless we're getting a potential number 1 dman coming back. And I really don't remember anyone ever saying he'd be an 80 point player, I remember people saying he'll be a shutdown Jordan Staal type player. ~50-60 points, solid defensively, used against top line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad