Sean Couturier Part IV (2019-20 Selke Trophy Winner)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
No disagreement, the difference last year was staying healthy and having more talent on his wings.
Otherwise, when you look at advanced metrics, he played the same as he had the previous two years.
Or, why scoring totals can be misleading, Couts didn't suddenly become a top player, he just got the opportunity to put up the nominal stats of a top player, more minutes, PP1 time and better wings.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
him and Giroux. Saw the same thing in both when they came up. Giroux's vision was so advanced as a rookie. And Coots is even smarter than him. Cant wait till they start dominating again. And PS angry Coots is like Angry Colburn. Level of play jumps like a 1000%
I think Couturier has played very well 5 on 5. I can’t say the same for Giroux, though G has looked good on the PP.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
I think Couturier has played very well 5 on 5. I can’t say the same for Giroux, though G has looked good on the PP.
Didnt comment on that but G has looked fine 5v5. Almost dominate. passing and vision still elite. doesnt need to play low in the d zone. most players seem a bit rusty and making mistakes.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Giroux needs to shoot more, 2 shots in 2 games isn't good.
He's got a good shot, and shooting more would keep opposing defenses honest and open up passing lanes.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Giroux needs to shoot more, 2 shots in 2 games isn't good.
He's got a good shot, and shooting more would keep opposing defenses honest and open up passing lanes.

It's a shame we had to eliminate years of threads, because you could easily make a compilation of exactly this post made by multiple people from every year he's been a Flyer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad