Sean Couturier Part IV (2019-20 Selke Trophy Winner)

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
From B. Meltzer:

Selke Trophy winning Flyers center Sean Couturier celebrates his 28th birthday today. Earlier this week, NHL Network ranked Couturier 41st on its "Top NHL Players Right Now" list. I tend to agree with Ivan Provorov's succinct response when he was asked about his omission from their Top 20 Defensemen list. He memorably said, "I don't play to get on some list."

I'll all subjective, anyway, based on the opinions of Jamison Coyle, E.J. Hradek and Mike Rupp. For what it's worth, Hradek's opinion was that Couturier was ranked too low on the combined list.

He said, “I might have Sean Couturier a little higher on my list just because for me the first criteria is: how do you impact winning? And Sean Couturier plays a vital position – center – he plays against the toughest centers and the most offensively talented centers in hockey and he is able to not only stop them defensively, but he’s able to provide offense too. You see the numbers, 22 goals, 37 assists. So for me, Sean Couturier is someone you can really build your group around and you can play him in all situations and that helps you win.”

Here was their list from Nos. 41 to 50.

41. Sean Couturier, C, Philadelphia Flyers
42. Mathew Barzal, C, New York Islanders
43. Kris Letang, D, Pittsburgh Penguins
44. Charlie McAvoy, D, Boston Bruins
45. Miro Heiskanen, D, Dallas Stars
46. Quinn Hughes, D, Vancouver Canucks
47. Patrik Laine, W, Winnipeg Jets
48. Max Pacioretty, W, Vegas Golden Knights
49. Zach Werenski, D, Columbus Blue Jackets
50. Johnny Gaudreau, W, Calgary Flames

Reactions: Beef Invictus

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Someone is punching air right now at the sight of this.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-4004-1361999553-11.gif

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I like the idea that even in a short run, a player should be successful in every stat facet (to have "a good game"), otherwise a long run use of given stat is just "biased use to support a narrative"

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
In another time and place his zeal would have been put to good use in the Janissary corps. Now he can only sob quietly in his gaming chair, rise occasionally to re-light the row of votives marking his shrine and kiss the PB poster on his wall. Hate to see a good maniac wasted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->