News Article: Sean Avery wants to replace Milbury@NBC Sports hahahaha

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Reactions: TheMule93

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Ex-Red Wings forward Sean Avery wants to replace Mike Milbury on NBC Sports | Detroit Sports Nation

Had to share the laugh with our group.

Avery & NBC (mainstream/Lame-stream media) are both clowns, they deserve each other. Milbury ruined the Isles with bad move after bad move, the impacts of which set them back 15-20 years as an org.

f*** it, I'd do it. Milbury is an old face who brings nothing new and potentially turns people off. Avery is combustible and likely to say something dumb... but he'd certainly bring a different energy. And I really do think Avery would be smarter than he'd be given credit for being. As long as he respects those he works with anyway.

Reactions: LazyT

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
f*** it, I'd do it. Milbury is an old face who brings nothing new and potentially turns people off. Avery is combustible and likely to say something dumb... but he'd certainly bring a different energy. And I really do think Avery would be smarter than he'd be given credit for being. As long as he respects those he works with anyway.

??
Sean "Sloppy Seconds" Avery?
To replace Milbury? After all the shit Milbury just took for something that wasn't even offensive?

I bought Avery's book. I've always kind of appreciated his act. (Truth be told, reading his book, it became clear how egocentric he is). And I always thought he'd be a potential guy for this kind of tv role.

But in today's era? f*** no.

Reactions: Realgud

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
??
Sean "Sloppy Seconds" Avery?
To replace Milbury? After all the shit Milbury just took for something that wasn't even offensive?

I bought Avery's book. I've always kind of appreciated his act. (Truth be told, reading his book, it became clear how egocentric he is). And I always thought he'd be a potential guy for this kind of tv role.

But in today's era? f*** no.

That’s why I put in the caveat that he’s gotta respect the team he’s on.

He didn’t act like a buffoon when on a team with Yzerman and Chelios and Shanahan. When there are people around that Avery respects, he can show the attitude a bit.

And I even stated why, even if he’s likely to say something dumb (which he is), I could see the benefit. Milbury is a bad former player, coach and GM. How many people actually respect Mike Milbury’s opinion? What does he actually add to a broadcast team? At least with Pierre, no matter how creepy people might find him, you know that you’ve got an encyclopedia about all the young player’s histories.

If you’re not going to have an actual good broadcast team, give me a train wreck.

Entertaining controversy creates cash and interest. Controversy because a long-standing broadcaster says something borderline... not so much.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
saw this today, it fits the thread. who's the bigger idiot? Avery or Marchand?

upload_2020-8-25_1-54-55.png

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
I absolutely loved Avery as a player, too bad he couldn’t keep his mouth shut and act like a decent person

In this soft ass PG era it will never happen, but it could have back in the day

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad