Sea of Thieves

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I chuckle at the thought of people wasting 60 to 80 bucks on this.

"Muh immersive sandbox" Sure, if you like paying games where you get bored within 2 hours.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
the environment/visuals of this game looks amazing

the PvP/CreWvCreW aspect of this game looks awesome.

Last edited:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF

"Muh immersive sandbox" Sure, if you like paying games where you get bored within 2 hours.

I played about 40 hours of the beta where only 1 type of mission was available. so......

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Looks great. Has the right general idea. Then makes it MP only, and worse... you need a group of friends, not just randoms. And friends you've gamed with before.

I have all of these things, but as we get older it's just harder to manage everyone's schedules. For a game like this... ain't worth it. A few nights of fun here and there, but for a premium AAA price?

It'll be popular with streamers, or it won't. And that will determine any success it has, imo.

Been dying for a decent SP or Co-op pirate game like this for a long time. Other than janky M&B mods, 'tis not to be found.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

There are probably games you like that I could say I got bored with within 2 hours too. I don't understand the point of your post here? To say you have an opinion about a game you haven't even played?

...Okay.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Looks fantastic!

I absolutely will be trying this out when the full release comes out!

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

This game is tailor made for Xbox Game Pass (it will be available on launch). Free trial for two weeks then $10 a month. If you hate it, you can cancel your subscription.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Looks great. Has the right general idea. Then makes it MP only, and worse... you need a group of friends, not just randoms. And friends you've gamed with before.

I have all of these things, but as we get older it's just harder to manage everyone's schedules. For a game like this... ain't worth it. A few nights of fun here and there, but for a premium AAA price?

It'll be popular with streamers, or it won't. And that will determine any success it has, imo.

Been dying for a decent SP or Co-op pirate game like this for a long time. Other than janky M&B mods, 'tis not to be found.
I’m pretty sure you can play this game on your own. It may be tougher but you can. Regarding the steaming popularity, the beta was insanely popular. The January beta was the most watched game on Twitch and it was popular on other services as well.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Definitely interested in this as are my friends. Not sure how long it'll hold our attention though as there's no real progression and sense of gaining and achieving. But $10 for a month to play is a no brainer, ill be playing on PC.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

It sounds pretty f***ing cool to me. Unfortunately, I have a PS4, and none of my friends are gamers. I also don't think I'd log enough hours in a week to make it worth while.

If this came out when I was a teenager I'd be rocking the shit out of this game. The monthly fee would've been a tough sell to my mom, tho.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
My main issue with it is that we've been hearing that "over 90% of the game hasn't even been shown yet" for the past 6 months. That's either bullshit or it's something that isn't coming at launch. That worked out terribly for SW:TOR, The Division and Destiny 2.

If I had to guess I would say all of this "hidden content" is actually the game's road map for the next 2+ years and not anything that should be expected at launch or even this Summer. Rare has stated they want this to be a 5+ year game. Which means there's going to be a serious lack of content for the games initial release. Look at all of the streamers that didn't come back for the 2nd and 3rd beta events. Most of them were bored of the game after the first weekend. The exact same thing happened with Destiny 2 and at least Destiny 2 has actual loot.

The lack of RNG elements in this game will make it something you want to play every 6 months or so but certainly not something that will sustain you for any extended time like an MMO or ARPG would.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Wow surprised nobody posted the free open beta this weekend on XBL, I've been playing the f*** outta this game this weekend, it's got some minor glitches, but that's why they put the betas out.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Kinda have a gut feeling that it's gonna be a little bit like No Man's Sky but pirates. Lesser scale too as far as the number of people who buy into it from the start.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Definitely interested in this as are my friends. Not sure how long it'll hold our attention though as there's no real progression and sense of gaining and achieving. But $10 for a month to play is a no brainer, ill be playing on PC.

yeha im getting the Game Pass too. price of entry is a little high for me at the moment. but im looking forward to it. I finally got to play with friends on the Open beta cause they didnt have the Closed beta and we had alot of fun

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
None of my friends are going to get this, and it looks like trying to solo it will not be fun. They are going to turn a big group off. Are they going to have clans where I can join other people like WoW style or something?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
None of my friends are going to get this, and it looks like trying to solo it will not be fun. They are going to turn a big group off. Are they going to have clans where I can join other people like WoW style or something?

I haven't heard anything like that. The way the game is set up doesn't really lend itself to that kind of system either. If you join a game alone you'll just get put in with a group of 1-3 other people depending on which ship and crew size you choose.

KilmKostin

Sep 28, 2017
Going to consider getting this for PC, don't have anyone to play with though! See how the reviews are.

KilmKostin

Sep 28, 2017
They just started rolling this out. Officially playable in NZ, will be adding more locations over the next 24hrs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad