Trade: [SEA/NYJ] Sheldon Richardson for Jermaine Kearse & 2nd

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
If you go on the expectation that the Jets will be a bottom 3-5 team and the Hawks should win the NFC West, then this deal boils down to:

Hawks get 1 year of Richardson plus move up 20 odd spots in the draft in round 7, which is basically nothing. 220th player vs 245th player give or take.

Now, if the Hawks can't extend Richardson, they stand to receive a comp. pick in 2019 depending on the value of his next contract. Irvin signed with the Raiders for $9.25 million per, which netted the Hawks a 3rd round comp pick this past season.

So, a 2nd rounder in the high 50's in 2018 could basically drop to a comp. 3rd in 2019 around pick #100.

Hawks have a team that should push for a title.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
From the looks of preseason, Graham is going to catch a lot more passes this year.

I'm really high on him for fantasy. Looks like they're finally going to use him correctly

Yeah, from what I understand, Richardson is beating out Lockett for the 2 spot, and they're both similar players while being different from Kearse, who isn't bad, but isn't great. Graham should benefit the most here.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Lockett isn't all the way back from having his leg snapped yet. Time will tell but at his salary I'd love to see Jimmy used like crazy.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Lockett isn't all the way back from having his leg snapped yet. Time will tell but at his salary I'd love to see Jimmy used like crazy.

Think it's a combination of Bevell and Cable that limits his use. Bevell never seems to take into account the play of the OL when calling his plays. Takes him forever to figure out that the OL is overmatched against teams like the Rams and doesn't call quick passes until later in the game.

The Hawks receivers lack size. They don't have that 1 big guy that they can go to in the red zone. Kearse was their tallest top 4 WR and he isn't really that physical.

Lockett and Baldwin are sub 6 feet. Richardson is 6 feet. I recall back in that draft I was hoping the Hawks would take Allen Robinson but they opted for Richardson instead. Kid on Michigan along with former QB McAvoy are their 2 tallest WR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad