Trade: [SEA/NYJ] Sheldon Richardson for Jermaine Kearse & 2nd

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Wow, the rich get richer. Should be interesting to see what pick(s) the Seahawks gave up, but that D is looking stacked.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Seahawks front seven is even more ridiculous now. Good move for them.

I think the Jets also did pretty well. They're tanking/rebuilding and got a 2nd round pick for a guy who wasn't going to be there a year from now.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
From a Jet fan, good riddance. His personality will fit in with that defense and they're going to be a nasty/stingy bunch.

The tank continues! #SuckforSam

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Seahawks front seven is even more ridiculous now. Good move for them.

I think the Jets also did pretty well. They're tanking/rebuilding and got a 2nd round pick for a guy who wasn't going to be there a year from now.

Depends on Richardson fulfilling his potential. Its a good gamble.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Been hearing rumblings about this for a few days but didn't really think it would happen. This is exciting.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I'm scratching my head to try and figure out if the Jets actually got a fair shake out of this one or not. The 2nd rounder - ok stuff (probably a late second round pick)....Kearse? Only the Jets scouting department would prefer that. I guess they needed a crappy WR to pair with a crappy QB

As for Richardson, he's not the same guy he was a few years ago. Potential is sure there perhaps. But I could see this going really well or him just totally flopping in SEA

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Once the Jets record and locker room started turning sour, Sheldon was a different player. I think being on a winning team will reinvigorate him as well as Pete Carroll and his staff. He's still only 26!

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Kearse is junk, will be out of the league within a couple of years.

Should be a good trade for both teams. Even if they let Richardson go, the Seahawks should get a 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick for him in 2019.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
The Seahawks now have to hope a receiver steps up to fill the role of a solid #2. Kearse and Baldwin were one of the most dependable pair of starting wr's. In 6-19 yard range Wilson threw 206 passes. 48 to Baldwin, 42 to Kearse. Richardson and Lockett are vertical threats. Not well rounded targets.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Just feed targets to anyone else and they will be a better offense. Take his 80 targets or whatever and throw more to Graham, Prosise, and whoever out of Richardson and Lockett can stay healthy and they will be just fine.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
From the looks of preseason, Graham is going to catch a lot more passes this year.

I'm really high on him for fantasy. Looks like they're finally going to use him correctly

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Just feed targets to anyone else and they will be a better offense. Take his 80 targets or whatever and throw more to Graham, Prosise, and whoever out of Richardson and Lockett can stay healthy and they will be just fine.

They've been a top 10 offense in DVOA ever since Wilson became QB (except last year when he was clearly hurt). They will go as far as he takes them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->