Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA] G Joey Daccord signs extension with the Kraken (2 years, $1.2M AAV)

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Thought he seemed a little "meh" in the AHL even, more that a strong team was carrying his nice stats? But ok, they like him enough as an NHL backup? Welp. Good luck!
:handclap:

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Thought he seemed a little "meh" in the AHL even, more that a strong team was carrying his nice stats? But ok, they like him enough as an NHL backup? Welp. Good luck!
:handclap:
They can bury that entire cap hit in the minors can't they? I'm not sure he is the nhl backup. At least not next year. Driedgerbstill has another year on his contract although it remains to be seen if he has anything left after the injuries.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
They can bury that entire cap hit in the minors can't they? I'm not sure he is the nhl backup. At least not next year. Driedgerbstill has another year on his contract although it remains to be seen if he has anything left after the injuries.
50k cap hit if in the minor as per capfriendly.

Personally, I don't get why they couldn't sign him for cheaper given his limited NHL experience (and NHL performance).

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
50k cap hit if in the minor as per capfriendly.

Personally, I don't get why they couldn't sign him for cheaper given his limited NHL experience (and NHL performance).
Okay so almost the entire cap hit. 50k is negligible. Although I agree with you, I don't really see him getting a better deal on the open market as he hasn't really done anything or even proven he deserves to be in nhl

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
The cringe level is off the charts with that caption
Seriously…some intern must have thought it was funny and was able to sneak it throught because 5 o’clock on a holiday weekend.

Reeks of unprofessionalism.

Reactions: BHD

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Seems like every time he's on the cusp of sticking in the NHL, something either happens to him, or the goaltending situation around him to knock that away. :laugh: Wonder if one of these 2-years on the deal is the season that changes?

Sensatauro

Dec 30, 2012
Like a prior poster said, was secretly hoping sens would require him as we didn't really want to let him go. I think he has a very high ceiling. Maybe it's like 100k High, maybe 2, but inconsequential imo. Overall I think the deal when done, while not quite a steal will be looked on favorably

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Hmmm. Stats look good for Coachella (especially for the playoffs)... Seattle fans, do you figure he'll get a shot to compete for the backup job with Driedger? Or is it more likely they bury him for this year (with the 2nd year hopefully scaring teams off from making a claim) and give him a crack at it next year?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Carried the Firebirds to a Calder Cup Final. I watched a lot of the AHL playoffs and he was outstanding.

At this price a lot better than Martin Jones.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Hmmm. Stats look good for Coachella (especially for the playoffs)... Seattle fans, do you figure he'll get a shot to compete for the backup job with Driedger? Or is it more likely they bury him for this year (with the 2nd year hopefully scaring teams off from making a claim) and give him a crack at it next year?

He got a one way contract for a reason.

And that reason is that the organization has been trying to trade Driedger for some time and might even end up buying him out(only one year left) if they can't get anything done.

So yeah, he'll not only have a shot but most likely will be the backup goalie next season.

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
Seriously…some intern must have thought it was funny and was able to sneak it throught because 5 o’clock on a holiday weekend.

Reeks of unprofessionalism.
How is that unprofessional?

Are you a religious person?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad