Sea Dogs get first pick again

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
TransportedUpstater said:
Ugh, I hope Canada doesn't take Tavares...too early. They should only take him if is completely tearing up the OHL. I expect him to be outstanding, but unless he's averaging a goal and an assist per game, I would not take Tavares if I were Team Canada. Your country has more than enough talented players to go around.

I think Tavares would get more than he bargained for in the WJC.

Agreed. ;)

CH Wizard

LaLaLaprise said:
1990's

Styve Couturier - D - Only 140 lbs but the kid has skill. He wont be drafted i dont think but he is talented.

I heard alot about this kid cause one of my friend played against him.

You seriously don't think he'll be drafted because of his weight? For a d it's thin but kids of his age....are all skinny.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Great One said:
I heard alot about this kid cause one of my friend played against him.

You seriously don't think he'll be drafted because of his weight? For a d it's thin but kids of his age....are all skinny.

Its really a toss up. He is 5'08 140...i know size isnt everything and he is only 15 so he will grow but teams are less likely to risk it THIS YEAR because they would need to use a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th rd pick on him. They may wait and see how he grows/develops next year and then draft him.

The 4th and 5th round is unpredictable...you dont know which underagers will be drafted. I wouldnt be surprised to see Styve get drafted though.

Butch#3

Jun 14, 2003
quebec
Visit site
LaLaLaprise said:
Its really a toss up. He is 5'08 140...i know size isnt everything and he is only 15 so he will grow but teams are less likely to risk it THIS YEAR because they would need to use a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th rd pick on him. They may wait and see how he grows/develops next year and then draft him.

The 4th and 5th round is unpredictable...you dont know which underagers will be drafted. I wouldnt be surprised to see Styve get drafted though.
While your at it, could you tell me who are the players from Collège Antoine-Girouard to watch for this draft?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Butch#3 said:
While your at it, could you tell me who are the players from Collège Antoine-Girouard to watch for this draft?

LOL sure why not. :)

1990's

Gabriel O'Connor - D - Lanky 2 way defensmen...big upside, 1st round, probably late.
Jeremy Gouchie - F - I liked him a lot in october but he is inconsistant and he is too easy to knock off the puck. 5th round if he is picked, but i dont think he will be.
Philip-Michael Pinard-Devos - F - Good player, 4th or 5th round, he is so underrated.
Pierre-Olivier Payment - F - Good all around offensive player, probably 5th round.
Olivier Jannard - D - Undersized offensive dman...good skating, good with the puck, dont think he will drafted though.

1989's

Francis Lanctot-Marcotte - F - I liked him last year when he played for the Grand Ducs Espoir...2 way winger...plays physical and can score, 4th round.
Pierre-Luc Fyer - D - 2 way defensmne, good size, good skill level, he battles, 7th round.
Ettiene Archambault - F
Maxime Rousseau - F
Thomas Guay - F
-- I lump those 3 together. ALl are essentially on the same level, all are offensive players probably in rounds 7-8.

howitzermoose

Apr 10, 2006
Hey LaLa, what do u think the chances are that the Mooseheads draft a goalie with their 1st rounder this year? Im a season ticket holder here in Halifax, so ive seen a ton of games, and as much as I'd like to think it, Roger Kennedy does not have the potential to be a QMJHL #1 goaltender. They have Yetman who they drafted this past yr, but he's yet to see game action. And when u go beyond Yetman there is absolutely nobody in the depth charts.

The Moose are in a re-building mode, so they have needs pretty much across the board, maybe minus they D, which is pretty young and has potenial. So with that said, they really couldnt go wrong with picking a forward or even maybe another D with the 8th overall pick. But to me, I wouldnt be surprised if they grabbed a young top-notched goalie at 8. Do u agree??

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Zonks said:
Hey LaLa, what do u think the chances are that the Mooseheads draft a goalie with their 1st rounder this year? Im a season ticket holder here in Halifax, so ive seen a ton of games, and as much as I'd like to think it, Roger Kennedy does not have the potential to be a QMJHL #1 goaltender. They have Yetman who they drafted this past yr, but he's yet to see game action. And when u go beyond Yetman there is absolutely nobody in the depth charts.

The Moose are in a re-building mode, so they have needs pretty much across the board, maybe minus they D, which is pretty young and has potenial. So with that said, they really couldnt go wrong with picking a forward or even maybe another D with the 8th overall pick. But to me, I wouldnt be surprised if they grabbed a young top-notched goalie at 8. Do u agree??

myself look for the Mooseheads to go for a US born player in Mike Cichy in the draft. Cichy is a Mike Peca clone back in Pecas days when he could put up 60 points for a team. If they don't go for him then look at them to take one of these goalies with the 1st pick...Kevin Poulin, Evan Mosher and Antonie Tardif.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Zonks said:

Heard from a very good source that Halifax has no plans of drafting a goalie this year until the later rounds.

Next year they have Mark Yetman and Roger Kennedy, both of whom will be 18 year olds. And there is an outside chance Jeremy Duchesne will be back as a 20 year old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->