Trade: [SEA/BOS] Wade Miley to the Mariners for Carson Smith and Roenis Elias

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Carson Smith is really good. Elias is nice depth to has it. Great deal for both sides though.

Last edited:

BCS

Feb 18, 2008
Miley and Elias are similar pitchers - edge going to Miley - but Elias is younger and under control for longer. Smith is a stud. Boston wins as far as the MLB player swap is concerned. I can't comment on Aro.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Same. They've got some terrible terrible contracts but with the way they are re-tooling things they can be good next year and beyond.

It's a shame we won't get to watch the Blue Jays clobber Miley as much anymore. That was rather enjoyable.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Dipoto again showing he's a solid GM, it unfortunate Sciosia won the power struggle, but he's making some solid moves despite the lack of Moreno's $$$$$$.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Good deal for M's, too. In world where Jeff Samardzija worth 90 M for 5 years and Mike Leake is about to sign for similar price, Miley contract is bargain. He's ideal #4.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Big fan of Smith as well, but I think this is a move the Mariners needed to make. Very hard to acquire starting pitching these days.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
He's an average starter signed for 3/27. Have you seen the contracts being handed out to pitchers these days? Miley's valuable at that cost.

That doesn't mean I'd actually want him on my team. I can't believe in a trade he brings back anything good. I'm surprised Boston got what they did.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Smith, Koji, and Kimbrel to close out games isn't bad at all.

Now you just hope (and maybe pray) the starters not named David Price can get it to them in a position to win. :laugh:

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
9sWXF3a.jpg

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He's an average starter signed for 3/27. Have you seen the contracts being handed out to pitchers these days? Miley's valuable at that cost.

190 plus innings per season last three years, hard to find guys like that.

Felix/Paxton/Walker/Miley/Karns.

Desperately need Paxton or Walker to become a legit 2.

Walker was supposed to be a #1, but he hasn't shown anything close to that.

Yeah, for sure. Lots of question marks after King Felix. Did Seattle make an offer to Iwakuma? can't see why they would let him go for 3/45 contract.

They have a weird ownership group at times. They'll shell out huge $$$ for position players like Cano & Cruz but seem allergic to big money deals for pitchers, minus Felix (which was a given).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad