SCSU Huskies

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
I still maintain Marvin didn't intend to hurt him, I know you say different but whatver. I knew you'd bring him up. Honestly, this is different, Hayes crushed him 100 feet behind the play, not the same situation.

Yes I still think he intended to hurt him but it's over but I'm still bitter about it. I haven't seen Hankowski's hit. Is it available somewhere?

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Yes I still think he intended to hurt him but it's over but I'm still bitter about it. I haven't seen Hankowski's hit. Is it available somewhere?

Apparently yes you are still bitter. No there is no video, it was well behind the play, so no one was shooting his way when he was crushed. Like I said, different situations. Hayes blasted Hano because Hano was kicking his team's ass and he decided to be a ***** about it.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Some good news as Morley will play Friday. Benik is also expected to get his cast removed tomorrow

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
This team is showing they can be the team I think they will be and we are doing it without Benik and Hanowski. When we get them back, these guys can be downright lethal. They know they can play and beat anyone in the country.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
This team is showing they can be the team I think they will be and we are doing it without Benik and Hanowski. When we get them back, these guys can be downright lethal. They know they can play and beat anyone in the country.

As I mentioned on the UND thread, the freshmen really stepped up and were one reason why the Huskies won. BTW, really love that Brodzinski kid! :nod:

Drew Leblanc has been everything that I'd hoped he be and then some thus far. He has really stepped up for SCSU, especially in the absence of Hanowski and you couldn't ask for a better guy (Leblanc) to lead the team. A real character guy that probably doesn't get enough of the credit (outside of SCSU) that he so deserves.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Agreed and this may be the deepest set of freshmen we have ever had. We don't have the best of them in Benik yet every freshman has at least 4 points, with 3 having 5 or better, through 10 games that's unheard of. Dowd is an absolute beast and Gravel and Jensen are playing better than I've ever seen them. Faragher has stepped up like we needed him to and our 4th line guys have been able to wear down defensemen and grind out shifts like no 4th line I've seen here which is saying something when you consider that 2 of them (Milan and Morley) are no bigger than 5'7" and a 170 pounds. It's tough not to get excited about the possibilities this team has for greatness.
BTW it looks like Benik's target is the UAA series at the end of the month and Hanowski could start skating soon which is huge news. He was at both games this weekend with the loud crowd and had no problems. It's possible although unlikely we could get him back for UMD but I would say he'll be out till at least UNO on Dec. 7th.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Will be in Duluth Friday, no Black Friday for me, just a hockey Friday. This series is very sweepable and I think we can do it. UMD seems to have big problems and I think this team can exploit them for two big road wins.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Will be in Duluth Friday, no Black Friday for me, just a hockey Friday. This series is very sweepable and I think we can do it. UMD seems to have big problems and I think this team can exploit them for two big road wins.

I think one of UMD's problems right now is goaltending. They don't have any real consistency there at the moment. But one Bulldog that SCSU will have to watch is Tony Cameranesi. This kid has been one of the 'Dogs best player thus far. Then of course there's everyone's favorite WCHA pest Mike Seidel.

As I mentioned before, I like the way the Huskies have played even with the key injuries that they have had to deal with. Is Benny gonna be back playing this weekend?

BTW, No Black Friday for me neither. Personally, I'd rather have Hockey Friday. ;)

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
We will find out if Hanowski is back today. Motzko says he is 50/50. He practiced without a no-contact jersey and went through the full drills. I saw Cameranesi play in Waterloo and he is a good one. But it's more than their goaltending, their D has problems and they take way too many penalties and their PK isn't very good. I expected them to drop off with all they've lost the last 2 years and if we play our game, I think we sweep them.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
The long trip to UAA. If nothing else I'd like a sweep just so they can prove to themselves that they can sweep on the road. It won't be easy but we can do it, especially if they play like they did on Saturday. From the sounds of it, I wouldn't expect another Friday UMD performance with how ticked off the coaches and players were at that one.
After this weekend is a long 10 game home stretch so now would be the time to get this jump started into some momentum and prove how good we are.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Ugly game, absolutely stole one. Really wish we'd stop with the Friday night road clunkers

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
This embarrassing weekend had better serve as a wake-up call for this team on this upcoming homestand. 3 out of the last 4 games we have played like a last place team against the last place teams in the league at the time. Unacceptable.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
1st of 10 straight at home. Time to take care of business. Quit stat sheet watching, get back to work and let's get it done.

LW C RW
11-Kalle Kossila 19-Drew LeBlanc 22-Jonny Brodzinski
10-Ben Hanowski 26-Nic Dowd 13-David Morley
16-Jimmy Murray 8-Cory Thorson 17-Joey Holka
27-Nick Oliver 37-Joe Rehkamp 18-Garrett Milan

LD RD
28-Andrew Prochno 14-Nick Jensen
7-Kevin Gravel 12-Ethan Prow
2-Jarrod Rabey 40-Tim Daly

Goalies
29-Ryan Faragher
35-Rasmus Reijola
33-Joe Phillippi

LW C RW
17-Ryan Walters 14-Dominic Zombo 15-Josh Archibald
25-Brent Gwidt 12-Brock Montpetit 21-Matt White
19-Tanner Lane 23-Johnnie Searfoss 13-Zahn Raubenheimer
9-James Polk 22-Andrew Schmit

LD RD
8-Jaycob Megna 3-Andrej Sustr
11-Nick Seeler 24-Bryce Aneloski
2-Brian Cooper 7-Michael Young
28-Brian O’Rourke

Goalies
30-John Faulkner
33-Anthony Stolarz

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
The defense for this team has disappeared. They keep digging themselves holes and they don't seem to be learning. I don't think this is a coaching thing, it's an execution thing and they are all responsible. If this doesn't get fixed and QUICK, this is going to be a very long and very disappointing season. To give up 6 at home, no special teams goals and not even allow a PP opportunity. They should be flat out embarassed at the way they have played their last 5 or so games.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Hey look at that, my team showed up. Good win, now remember how to play that way and do it again against CC, especially the D, we are going to need it with how good their offense is.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
If Benik makes it through practice ok without a no-contact jersey tomorrow, it is likely he will make his debut this weekend.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Good comeback from 2-0 down. Still need to work on getting that first goal, we are 6-0 when we do. But get the sweep. One point out of first, two non-con series after this. A sweep would be huge.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Gotta love how your freshman are doing the majority of the scoring. Great future although the future could be now.

They are potting the goals for sure, Morley has been cleaning up Dowd and Hano's garbage for his but they all count the same. Kossila considers himself a playmaker, baby you are sniper, some of his goals are just sick and Brodz is working his butt off for his. LeBlanc leads the nation in assists so for all those I hear at the games yelling at him to shoot more...yeah shut it. :) And hopefully we get the "best" of the bunch back against RPI in Benik. I expect him to be 4th line, maybe 3rd to start with and get some PP time. It's hard to argue for changing the top six for him with the way the offense is playing. The key is the D, if they can remember D first (and the last 3 games they have been after the embarrassing 6-5 loss to UNO, they have now been meeting before every game and stressing to do the D job, we have enough scoring), this team is nasty. Sweeping RPI and Northern should happen and if DU doesn't pick up their play (what the hell happened there? Yes I know they are shorthanded but all the key cogs are there, no excuse to be 0-5-3 in their last 8) that series is sweepable too.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Team is still looking for consistency. Energy and effort were not there on Thursday but the team still managed to force a tie until late. Faragher was God awful on Thursday and looked bad on RPI's only goal on Friday. LeBlanc looks like a man among boys out there and Hano is fighting it a bit, I think he's tentative still after his concussion and considering that was his first major injury, I'm not surprised. Benik looked much more comfortable on Friday than he did Thursday, here's to hoping he can help jump start Hano.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->