SCSU Huskies

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Huskies get a commit, likely for 2014, from former Lakeville North and current Sioux Falls goalie Charlie Lindgren.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
In Cedar Rapids camp this weekend, we have a couple St Cloud commits. Judd Peterson is looking real good. The had him paired with to vets yesterday and he looked right at home. Great net presence and crashes hard. He will definately make the roster!

The other that I know is Kyle Mitsunaga '95 defenseman from the LA Selects. Good set of wheels who plays smart hockey. Got caught pinching once yesterday that led to an odd man rush. He will be a good one in the future though!

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Hoping for good things from both those guys in the future. Peterson looks like he will spend just the one year there but I can see Mitsunaga spending 2 or more getting seasoned in Cedar Rapids.

Newest Husky, Kalle Kossila, a french born player playing in the U20 league in Finland, was the league's 3rd leading scorer this past season and looks like he will join St. Cloud this fall. Also sounding like Ethan Prow will be on the roster this year and a defenseman is leaving (rumor is Taylor Johnson)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=43563

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Hold up on that last commit. Hearing it could be bad information on several sites and could be wrong. If I get confirmation one way or another, I'll post it.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Story will be out in a couple of days but it has been confirmed that Kalle Kossila will be a Husky next season.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Drew LeBlanc will be at Wild Prospect Camp in a couple weeks. His first on ice action since the injury in November.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
New recruit, not bad numbers for an 18 year old, led the team in scoring in the regular season. League is roughly the equivilant of the NAHL. Unknown if he is for this year or beyond.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=149868

Also, Garrett Hendrickson will be a freshman this fall, giving us 15 which to me seems likely to push the new guy to 2013.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Huskies hire former defenseman Garrett Raboin as the new assistant. Could be good, but this is a risky hire considering he has no coaching experience.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Jarvelainen signs in Finland. That's 3 lost Euro recruits, Manninen, Jarvelainen and Lauridsen (NCAA Clearinghouse) in a year.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Yes I have watched Judd play twice already.....I am willing to bet he will be the 2nd line center, or the 1st line RW. In a preseason game this weekend he notched a hat trick vs Waterloo.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Huskies have picked up 2 defensive recruits this week. Jimmy Schuldt from Minnetonka and 6'6" Ben Storm from Calumet, MI. Jimmy will play juniors next year and Ben is playing for Muskegeon right now and could come in next year.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Time to open conference play against Mankato. Could be the last time we play them even if Hastings is the coach. I'll be interested to see how the freshmen do with the step up in competition from UAH.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Big win but then Hanowski goes to the hospital with concussion like symptoms so that's just great.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Big sweep but lost another forward before the game in Morley. Hope we can get healthy as we have a big step up in competition with DU.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Hanowski is out for this weekend. LeBlanc named WCHA player of the week, Kossila named rookie of the week

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Faragher and the D are playing incredibly well right now. Dowd is a beast, Kossila is playing better than anyone thought he would, probably even himself and the depth we are displaying is fantastic.
Yeah it's early, but we are looking very legit.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Faragher and the D are playing incredibly well right now. Dowd is a beast, Kossila is playing better than anyone thought he would, probably even himself and the depth we are displaying is fantastic.
Yeah it's early, but we are looking very legit.

Rabid, I caught your team here in Denver last night. As a Wings fan I am VERY happy with what I see in Jensen. The kid is a player. I also thought Gravel looked pretty good. He moves well for his size and moved the puck smartly.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
So Hanowski is out till at least Christmas so Hayes can go take a long walk off a short pier. Nice job running a guy 100 feet behind the play because he'd been kicking your squad's ass all weekend. Shame we don't play them again, I know a few guys who would love a piece of him.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
So Hanowski is out till at least Christmas so Hayes can go take a long walk off a short pier. Nice job running a guy 100 feet behind the play because he'd been kicking your squad's ass all weekend. Shame we don't play them again, I know a few guys who would love a piece of him.
Now you know how us Sioux fans felt when your boy Marvin ran Genoway. He was out for a year.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Now you know how us Sioux fans felt when your boy Marvin ran Genoway. He was out for a year.

I still maintain Marvin didn't intend to hurt him, I know you say different but whatver. I knew you'd bring him up. Honestly, this is different, Hayes crushed him 100 feet behind the play, not the same situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->