SCSU Huskies

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Lee named co-defensive player of the week. 2nd time he's gotten it since coming back from the injury.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
That's how you get it done Huskies! So if DU wins, we play UND Thursday night, if UW wins, we play Tech Thursday night.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
7-4-1 since Lee came back, 7-2-1 in our last 10. I do believe this team can beat anyone put in front of them. And IMO, this may be Motzko's best coaching job since he's been here. How easy would it have been for this team to fold with all the injuries and defections they had?

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
7-4-1 since Lee came back, 7-2-1 in our last 10. I do believe this team can beat anyone put in front of them. And IMO, this may be Motzko's best coaching job since he's been here. How easy would it have been for this team to fold with all the injuries and defections they had?

As a Sioux fan I can relate entirely.

651*

It's a shame I can't get more of the SCSU games down here in the Twin CIties. Matter of fact most of the Minnesota teams (UMD, MSU, BSU) are never televised down here. The most games are on Lakeland, which we get, and those are BSU.

It will be even ****tier when the WCHA is remodeled in a couple years and the U departs for the Big Ten league.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
And I think it will be a classic. I think the Sioux win it 4-3 in ot. Good luck to your squad Rabid. Hell of a turnaround.

Good luck getting 4 on Lee. ;) He's got a 1.68GAA and a .945 SV% since coming back and no one has put 4 on us since Jan. 14th.
Typically the Final Five games are pretty low scoring lately. I think I see a 2-1, 3-2, 3-1 type game and you know what, it's about time we knock off the Sioux in St. Paul. :)
I love the way this team is playing, the heart they are showing and how they play as a team. We need to win the Final Five to get in, so to quote one of my favorite movies. "Well I guess there's only one thing left to do. Win the whole ****in thing!"

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Good luck getting 4 on Lee. ;) He's got a 1.68GAA and a .945 SV% since coming back and no one has put 4 on us since Jan. 14th.
Typically the Final Five games are pretty low scoring lately. I think I see a 2-1, 3-2, 3-1 type game and you know what, it's about time we knock off the Sioux in St. Paul. :)
I love the way this team is playing, the heart they are showing and how they play as a team. We need to win the Final Five to get in, so to quote one of my favorite movies. "Well I guess there's only one thing left to do. Win the whole ****in thing!"

Yeah 4 will be tough but the Sioux are playing with a ton of heart right now too and with only 17 dressed skaters. With both teams playing well right now and with your Huskies having to win the Final Five to advance I really think this is going to be a classic. Almost sure the Sioux advance regrdless if they lose but that won't stop them from wanting to defend the Broadmoor. You going to be at the X for the game?

651*

Disappointing end to the season there. I was looking forward to watching the Huskies play the Gophers tomorrow.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Well the season ends, but at least the Huskies gave it all they could. Lee was impressive in goal and considering that they played shorthanded for much of the year with all the injuries, like UND, the Huskies still managed to get to the Final Five.

But they return a good core for next season. And barring injuries and more early departures, the Huskies should be even better next season.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
So a bit of a busy week. Novak signs in Hamilton, Eddy leaves and signs with Calgary and St. Cloud picks up a commit for 2014 from LA Selects F/D Kyle Mitsunaga who is coached by former Husky D-man Sandy Gasseau.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
If everybody returns, I like our chances at hanging some banners next year.

Now I don't like our chances much at all. Good luck to Mike, but this one is going to hurt. Really can't believe some of our fans think Lee can be easily replaced by Faragher. Can't replace experience and leadership that easily.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Now I don't like our chances much at all. Good luck to Mike, but this one is going to hurt. Really can't believe some of our fans think Lee can be easily replaced by Faragher. Can't replace experience and leadership that easily.

As a Sioux fan I hate to see him leave. He was 0-6-1 against the Sioux and Faragher fared alot better. With that said I'm shocked he signed. You don't see to many goalies leave early. I wonder if his injury this year has something to do with it and he wanted to get in on the money before something else happened next season.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Faragher did get wins, but he also got scoring help. Lee got more than 2 goals of support just once, his tie. He may not have played that well against UND, but he also never had the team pick up the slack either. Faragher was ok, a 2.84GAA in conference play does not instill confidence for me. That number needs to be 2.4 or below IMO for us to be a contender and I don't think he can do that in one year. With Lee we were title contenders, without him, we are no better than 4th IMO.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Faragher did get wins, but he also got scoring help. Lee got more than 2 goals of support just once, his tie. He may not have played that well against UND, but he also never had the team pick up the slack either. Faragher was ok, a 2.84GAA in conference play does not instill confidence for me. That number needs to be 2.4 or below IMO for us to be a contender and I don't think he can do that in one year. With Lee we were title contenders, without him, we are no better than 4th IMO.

And with Lee having just signed with Phoenix (along with Hardy graduating), it'll be up to Faragher and Phillippi to carry the mail for the Huskies next season. If Faragher can continue to play well and develop, the Huskies should be able to make a stronger push up the WCHA standings next season. This, of course, will also be contingent with the impact of the incoming freshmen as well as being able to stay healthy and not lose anyone at mid-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad