Scrivens Pulled 5 min into game

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ben Sievens is a glorified backup at best.

He was given that contract based on a hot streak playing behind LA (during a time where I'm pretty sure Martin Jones was just as good) and it briefly carried over into his early tenure with Edmonton.

Scrivens isn't good enough to be a starter on any team in this league. The guy blows chunks.

I'm still baffled at the "MacTavish stabilized the goaltending position". How? No he didn't. Scrivens proved jack **** before being brought into Edmonton. Just a 30 game hot streak in LA when Quick was injured, and a decent shortened season as Toronto's backup.

I still do feel bad that he missed a chance at a cup with LA when he was was traded to Edmonton.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If i'm McDavid, i flat out refuse to play for the Oilers.

It's a dick move, but at least he would have a world of evidence to show Edmonton would be bad for his career.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
guys its ok, KLo said that half of the teams in the league would trade their roster for Edmontons. They'll be fine.

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If i'm McDavid, i flat out refuse to play for the Oilers.

It's a dick move, but at least he would have a world of evidence to show Edmonton would be bad for his career.

He's already said he despises players who refuse to go where they're drafted to. So that's out :laugh:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I'd like to see somebody on the Oilers call out the goaltending, since both the goalies have railed their teammates yet go out there and play like **** every night.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Exactly
Why are half of the posts on National Hockey League Talk
either the Leafs or the Oilers?
Don't they have their own board

1 of every 100 threads about the Oilers on the main board are created by our fans. Most of the time it's you people laughing at us.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
I wish sportsnet didn't cut the rink mics and keep camera shots tight at the end if the game. I tuned in to hear boos and see thrown jerseys.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Isles and Oilers should swap Johnson and Scrivens...neither of these guys can get out of their own way right now.

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010
guys its ok, MacT said that half of the teams in the league would trade their roster for Edmontons. Theyre gonna be just fine.

No, Kevin Lowe said that.

MacT is the guy who said that this is 'visually' a better hockey club. And that it wasn't a mistake to go into the season with two NHL centers because 'trades are hard'.

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
The Oilers D is bad but not league worst bad. Dubnyk and Khabi had way worse in front of them.

Watch the games and you will see how bad they are. Anyone depending them at this point hasn't watched them consistently.

Scrivens and Fasth are very bad.

Well Dubnyk is doing pretty good with Arizona so...

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
keep blaming it on the goalies i guess. cant win with one dimensional forwards and bottom pairing dmen.

seriously? the team is bad but their goaltending is pathetic. hell the leafs give up 40 shots a night and they win. oilers give up 25 and lose :laugh:

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
seriously? the team is bad but their goaltending is pathetic. hell the leafs give up 40 shots a night and they win. oilers give up 25 and lose :laugh:

Goaltending for the Oilers right now is the difference between finishing 30th and finishing 28th. There's just to many other problems to blame the goaltending.

Remember when Dubnyk was the problem? He has more wins in Rexall Place since Halloween, than the Oilers do.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Clutch loss by the Oilers. A game against Arizona, the 2nd worst team in the west, these are those high-impact games where 1st overall picks are made. Edmonton did not disappoint, really brought their extensive experience to bear and showed the Yotes how tanking is done. McDoiler is becoming more and more inevitable every day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->