Scrivens Pulled 5 min into game

penguins2946*

Lol that's Edmonton for you. It's gone from comical to sad at this point.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Haha i didn't even realize the game started yet. Guess I'll go read the game thread on the Oilers forum. It's always good for a laugh.

Aceonfire*

According to the HF hive mind, Scrivens isn't a problem. He cares so that means he doesn't suck..

Scrivens is horrible. I will gladly eat crow and say that.

penguins2946*

According to the HF hive mind, Scrivens isn't a problem. He cares so that means he doesn't suck..

Scrivens is horrible. I will gladly eat crow and say that.

Someone tried to argue that goaltending wasn't the problem and it was bad D and dumb forwards when talking about the Oilers trading for a young goalie with high potential. That looks really funny right now.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
The fact that they started Scrivens after his garbage performance against Dallas is mind boggling.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Someone tried to argue that goaltending wasn't the problem and it was bad D and dumb forwards when talking about the Oilers trading for a young goalie with high potential. That looks really funny right now.

It's not that goaltending isn't a problem, it's that it's low on the list of problems

Aceonfire*

I hope they don't have this game on in the WJC locker rooms. Eichel and McDavid will score on their own goalies to avoid being drafted by Edmonton.

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
BsDIB5jCcAAgJo7.jpg

I must admit, I've derived much entertainment from the Oilers season thus far, primarily from the philosophical depths required to rationalize the meaning of Oiler fandom amidst such strife and suffering.

But damn.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

That was me. Scrivens played great last year when on LA and even when he moved to Edmonton his save pct was right there with your boy Fleury.

The biggest problem is absolutely the play of the skaters more than the goalies. Bad pinches, bad spacing, horrendous turnovers, lackadaisical effort.... that has to be fixed before even thinking about a goalie.

ZeroPT*

That was me. Scrivens played great last year when on LA and even when he moved to Edmonton his save pct was right there with your boy Fleury.

The biggest problem is absolutely the play of the skaters more than the goalies. Bad pinches, bad spacing, horrendous turnovers, lackadaisical effort.... that has to be fixed before even thinking about a goalie.

The goaltending is still absolutely horrendus.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Oilers didn't believe Scrivens was a bad goalie because of small sample size

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad