GDT: SCQ Game 1: Montreal Canadiens vs Pittsburgh Penguins 8/1/20 8:00pm EST SN, CBC, TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
It was mentioned countless times on the radio someone in Lafreniere's entourage claimed he'd prefer getting drafted by another team than the Habs.

Thank you.

:laugh:

Les gars de chez nous who are good, prefer to play for other teams... When they are old, done and need a last contract suddenly they remember that they were Habs fans when they were young...

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I cant cheer for the Habs to lose. Just cant.
But am hopeful for luck come the lottery. ;)
We will see long these F lines stick together.
Domi will still get top 5F minutes regardless of what "line" he is on.

I just want to see Domi get to that next level as a leader (my guess is he takes on the challenge and is flying tonight) Suzuki n KK to make some plays.
Everything else is a bonus.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Thank you.

:laugh:

Les gars de chez nous who are good, prefer to play for other teams... When they are old, done and need a last contract suddenly they remember that they were Habs fans when they were young...
I don't necessarily believe it to be true. Who the f*** would come out and state such a thing to the media in the first place?

However, if that'd be the case, its already one red flag to consider and resolve.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
It was mentioned countless times on the radio someone in Lafreniere's entourage claimed he'd prefer getting drafted by another team than the Habs.
I believe it was that his entourage said they’d prefer if he got drafted by another team. Lafreniere has said time and time again it’s always been his dream to play for Montreal.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
This.........is scary. Could happen, not likely but...

I really want that #1 pick, not an upset. Dare to dream, I know.

The game against the Leafs should calm you down.
The team is the same terrible mess than in the regular season. Not too worried about an upset.

Reactions: BLONG7

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I don't necessarily believe it to be true. Who the f*** would come out and state such a thing to the media in the first place?

However, if that'd be the case, its already one red flag to consider and resolve.

Of course if it's true... I don't blame him, we struggle to develop players, we put a lot of pressure on them and when they fail, we blame it only on them. No accountability for the management and the staff.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
I'm prepared to laugh at our pathetic pp tonight.
I'm smiling already just thinking about it.
-2 again tonight ?

Reactions: BLONG7 and Tyson

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Ohh his entourage wouldn't want... Meaning who? His agent? Personal trainer? Family members? It's such a shit thing to say publicly.
Friends and family I believe. They’re saying they’re worried about how French players get treated and there’s a microscope on them. Honestly, it last from a shitty source so I wouldn’t put much stock into it.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
2 guys I think will need to play a huge game are Weise and Chiarot. Weise has the experience and can rattle some cages. If he can do that, it will keep Domi engaged and if he gets riled up, that line can be tons of fun. On the back end, if these guys can play mean (I wish Fleury was in there) and let Price see the shots, we could be in it. I can count on my fingers the amount of games they won by allowing 2 or less. They would need to really bare down but I'm not sure they have it in them to do so.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
So what happens if any of these games beforehand go to triple-OT when they’re all playing in the same rink?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
2 guys I think will need to play a huge game are Weise and Chiarot. Weise has the experience and can rattle some cages. If he can do that, it will keep Domi engaged and if he gets riled up, that line can be tons of fun. On the back end, if these guys can play mean (I wish Fleury was in there) and let Price see the shots, we could be in it. I can count on my fingers the amount of games they won by allowing 2 or less. They would need to really bare down but I'm not sure they have it in them to do so.

I think special teams is where the habs look very vulnerable in this series.

If I remember correctly, the habs had a pretty good road PP this year, but based on what we saw a few days ago, it doesn't look to be in good shape at all right now.

But the really worrisome point has to be the pk. To have a chance, they really need to find ways to stay out of the box, because their PK has looked like an issue for a long time, and I believe they traded away a couple mainstays on the PK at the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad