2020 STANLEY CUP QUALIFIERS
GAME #2 - 08/03/2020

vs
NYR: 0________________CAR: 1

TIME | 12:00 PM ET
VENUE | SCOTIABANK ARENA - TORONTO, ON
TV | MSG, NBCSN, SN, FS-CR

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYR@CAR 8/1/20 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - HURRICANES.com
NY Post - NYND - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

QUALIFIER SCHEDULE:

qualifiers.png

___________________________________​

*PLAYER STATS - TEAM STATS*

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
SVECHNIKOV | AHO | TERAVAINEN
NIEDERREITER | TROCHECK | NECAS
FOEGELE | STAAL (C) | WILLIAMS
MCGINN | GEEKIE | MARTINOOK (A)

LD | RD
SLAVIN (A) | VATANEN
SKJEI | EDMUNDSON
GARDINER | FLEURY

Scratched:
DZINGEL
BEAN
VAN RIEMSDYK
MCKEOWN
BISHOP

STARTING GOALIE:

Mrazek-Petr2_CAR_.png

Petr MRAZEK
GPI: 1 | W: 1 | L: 0 | SO: 0
SV% .923 | GAA: 2.01 | SA: 26 | GA: 2

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Brett Pesce - Shoulder (IR)
Dougie Hamilton - Leg (IR)

*PLAYER STATS - TEAM STATS*

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
KREIDER (A) | ZIBANEJAD (A) | BUCHNEVICH
PANARIN | STROME | KAKKO
DI GIUSEPPE | CHYTIL | GAUTHIER
MCKEGG | HOWDEN | FOGARTY

LD | RD

SMITH | TROUBA
LINDGREN | FOX
STAAL (A) | DEANGELO

Scratched:
GETTINGER
LETTIERI
O'REGAN
HAJEK
CRAWLEY
KRAVSTOV

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik LUNDQVIST
GPI: 1 | W: 0 | L: 1 | SO: 0
SV% .919 | GAA: 3.04 | SA: 37 | GA: 3

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Jesper Fast - Upper body (DTD)
Micheal Haley - Upper body (IR)
Brendan Lemieux - Suspended (N/A)

zibapfffffft.gif

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So how many of you peeps are calling out sick tomorrow from work? Lol.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
What's with the conspiracy talk? Dudes play with broken bones in the playoffs and Hank starts due to some d2d ailment which is clearly not serious. If you think Hank wasn't pushing for the start then I don't know what to tell you. Whether it mattered in the long run no one can say. But to say a 15 year HHOF vet doesn't try to get a last hoorah isn't exactly a conspiracy.
Hank wanting to start isn’t the conspiracy. He’s a professional athlete who’s been elite his entire career, of course he wants to start and believes he should be in the net. If he didn’t have that mindset I’d be worried.

Thinking the Rangers pretended Igor was injured in order to start Hank is. And it’s bat shit insane. They had no problem making Hank permanent backup in 2020 but now in the playoffs they’re going to make up an injury to Igor just to give Hank the start? What?

Not to mention that Hank starting because of an injury to Igor isn’t the same thing as him starting with Igor fully healthy, which is what any player would want in this hypothetical scenario where a player is forcing the team to start him or the team is throwing him a bone. Starting only bc the starter was injured is a lot different than earning the start straight away. Makes no sense.

If you want to think Igor was prob 50/50 to play and could’ve played but they held him out out of an abundance of caution so he doesn’t aggravate it and miss more time and they made this decision with their confidence in all 3 goalies playing a role (it’s not like the old days with a horrible backup like Valiquette so Hank would need to be legally dead to choose to not start him) then that is totally reasonable and is most likely what happened. Igor most likely had a minor injury and since its game 1 they prob wanted to hold him out to make sure he is 100% when he gets in instead of maybe rushing him back and now he could be out for a longer period than just 1 game. Being able to start a fully capable goalie like Lundqvist when your starter is injured should be looked at as an overwhelmingly positive situation to be in NOT some major conspiracy.

Reactions: LGR92

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
This team comes out hard and never disappoints in early afternoon games, right?
Noon starts for us for game 1 and game 2 is crazy. Worst case scenario IMO.

I have to work tomorrow bc I’m expecting my first child in December so I’m saving up as many vacation days as I can for that. Although as a salaried employee I may be be taking an extended lunch tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: McSauer

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
Been WFH (long before the pandemic too) but still took a PTO day tomorrow. I have standing Monday meetings I'd rather not attend (dial in to) and just focus on the game.

(I also took off Tuesday when it was first reported that game 3 would be 4 PM; oh well.)

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
Hank wanting to start isn’t the conspiracy. He’s a professional athlete who’s been elite his entire career, of course he wants to start and believes he should be in the net. If he didn’t have that mindset I’d be worried.

Thinking the Rangers pretended Igor was injured in order to start Hank is. And it’s bat shit insane. They had no problem making Hank permanent backup in 2020 but now in the playoffs they’re going to make up an injury to Igor just to give Hank the start? What?

Not to mention that Hank starting because of an injury to Igor isn’t the same thing as him starting with Igor fully healthy, which is what any player would want in this hypothetical scenario where a player is forcing the team to start him or the team is throwing him a bone. Starting only bc the starter was injured is a lot different than earning the start straight away. Makes no sense.

If you want to think Igor was prob 50/50 to play and could’ve played but they held him out out of an abundance of caution so he doesn’t aggravate it and miss more time and they made this decision with their confidence in all 3 goalies playing a role (it’s not like the old days with a horrible backup like Valiquette so Hank would need to be legally dead to choose to not start him) then that is totally reasonable and is most likely what happened. Igor most likely had a minor injury and since its game 1 they prob wanted to hold him out to make sure he is 100% when he gets in instead of maybe rushing him back and now he could be out for a longer period than just 1 game. Being able to start a fully capable goalie like Lundqvist when your starter is injured should be looked at as an overwhelmingly positive situation to be in NOT some major conspiracy.

Should probably chill on the abundance of caution thing. Not like the dude blew a knee or got Skjei'ed. If it was bad he coulda left a period in. Hank wanted to be in and Igor could of broke a toenail and they would of put him in.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
I hope the refs swallow the whistle a little bit. Either way we cant take early penalties. Need to find our rhythm early. We need our horses to pull this wagon.

Reactions: romba
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad