Post-Game Talk: SCQ #1 - 8/1/20 | RANGERS @ hurricanes

3 Stars, i guess

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
I also think a lot of fans need to pump their breaks with Shesterkin and how he played 4 months ago for a 12 game stretch. Fans on here are literally acting like he is going to take this team to a Cup final. A lot of people are in for a rude awakening when they realize that he is just a good, potentially elite goaltender and realize he is not Hasek, Roy, Brodeur, etc.

Let's see how he does in Game 2. I hope he does well. Let's just say I won't be surprised if Carolina scores 3-5 goals on him if the Rangers play in any way like they did in the first game. If he allows 2 goals, there is still a good chance he loses because this Ranger team is showing they cannot score.

Whoever is in net will need to keep Carolina between 0-2 goals to win a game. Maybe Shesterkin can do that. Maybe he can't. Lets hope for the best.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Were these other games called as tightly as ours? Mid-twenties (or whatever it was) minutes spent on special teams by both opponents, mostly excelled by the penalty killers, don’t contribute to flow and as a result overall quality.
From what I saw, no. I did see some ticky tacky stuff called in other games but nothing close to this level.

What pissed me off more is that the refs missed a couple of brutal should have been penalties in the third period.

It wasn’t a good game for the striped shirts. They don’t look like they will be advancing,

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
you need to stop. you saw a picture of shesterkin standing at center ice. you have no idea how hard he went in practice or what was wrong with him. stop making up conspiracy theories and acting like they are facts lol

I just saw video of him moving quite freely!

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
The conspiracy thinking about the goalies is ridiculous. The team was not bashful about the situation to end the regular season. It’s not some conspiracy - Igor is likely slightly injured to the point where starting him may or may not be wise.

Reactions: TominNC

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
This sounds like a conspiracy theory that makes no sense.
How? Hank played well against the Isles, they just needed one good game to go back to him. Its a playoff game, if Igor is DTD "Coach's decision" hes not that injured. You play your best players unless you have doubt about who your best players are.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
The fact that there is still debate about Igor being hurt is just so HF....besides the fact that Hank wasn't the reason we lost the game. Even if Igor played & we won the game, it's just masking the fact that this team isn't a cup contender at this point.

Reactions: Leetch3

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
How? Hank played well against the Isles, they just needed one good game to go back to him. Its a playoff game, if Igor is DTD "Coach's decision" hes not that injured. You play your best players unless you have doubt about who your best players are.
You can't be this dense

Reactions: haveandare

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Because they had hardly played him at all for 6 weeks. They admitted Igor was going to start. Why mention that if this was all a cover up.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The goalie tandem is Hank/Igor regardless of who is starting. Georgiev isn't on the bench if both are healthy. That's why teams brought multiple goalies into the bubble.

This isn't some PR shenanigans by the coaching staff/team/etc just to start Hank because "this could be his last playoff season with the team" or some other BS.

The team isn't risking the health of their young future starter, no matter how small the injury is.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I can't wait for the moon landing-esque conspiracy stuff to come out analyzing Igor and Buch's car accident and saying it never actually happened

Igor never really fractured his rib; release the medical reports you cowards!

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I can't wait for the moon landing-esque conspiracy stuff to come out analyzing Igor and Buch's car accident and saying it never actually happened

Igor never really fractured his rib; release the medical reports you cowards!
Those injuries usually take 2 weeks to get back to playing, which is what happened.

You arent suggesting this is hangover from the accident are you?

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
It's very likely Shesterkin had the flu and maybe Deangelo has it as well. Hockey teams get it all the time and 800 people just got into a bubble all at one time.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
The fact that there is still debate about Igor being hurt is just so HF....besides the fact that Hank wasn't the reason we lost the game. Even if Igor played & we won the game, it's just masking the fact that this team isn't a cup contender at this point.
I don't think many here think they are Cup contenders this year. But having Igor play and win some games does more for the future than Hank getting a going away present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->