3 Stars, i guess

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
How did Greg McKregg accumulate 3 f***ing Giveaways? I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen the dude with the puck.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
How did Greg McKregg accumulate 3 f***ing Giveaways? I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen the dude with the puck.
On one particularly shift, he had two easy outs up the left side and both times he soft flipped the puck and the Canes kept the puck in the zone.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
True... BUT... if u have been watching the other games only FL looks as bad as we have

Not to keep harping on it but have to mostly agree. It’s less about any one stat but the NYR seemed to struggle so much with basic things like moving the puck correctly. They looked a lot rustier than just about anything else I’ve seen so far.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Not to keep harping on it but have to mostly agree. It’s less about any one stat but the NYR seemed to struggle so much with basic things like moving the puck correctly. They looked a lot rustier than just about anything else I’ve seen so far.
Did you watch Chicago-Edmonton?

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Agree. We have nitpicked the diff in Hanks handling of pucks, and Staal kicking in goals for CAR, missing Fast and Lemieux on the PK etc etc etc

In the end we have looked about as bad as any team in both of the games we have played. Yeah we have some vets and stars who should look better but we also have a rookie coach, lost our D coach, and have a bunch of kids playing above their heads in a relatively new place w new teammates and new system.

Not a surprise we look crappy really.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
It makes no sense. Even removing the fact that Lundqvist is one of the best Rangers of all time, the eagerness to seemingly root for him to fail is wild. When Hank got hurt and Talbot took over in 2015 did anyone root for the Rangers to lose? Did people vilify Talbot and not want to admit when he played well? Of course not. Even the biggest Hank fanboys happily rooted for Talbot to play lights out. If anything Hank should be getting an extra benefit of the doubt from the fanbase but instead it’s like he’s judged with an anchor around his neck.

He just played extremely well today and people are actually blaming him for the loss. I feel like that’s a crazy level of bias, even if it’s not intentional. He was very good today. He played well enough to win. His team went 0-7 on PPs and got our chances all game. Marc Staal scored the GWG on him. Are we really blaming literally anyone else if they’re in net for this game and the exact same shots go in? I don’t care if it’s Mike Dunham in net, if he performed identical to Lundqvist did today then the goalie wasn’t the problem. If anything the goalie played well enough to almost steal the game. Staal not kicking the puck into the net would’ve gone a long way.
I don’t think anyone has seriously, let alone persuasively, argued that Lundqvist cost the Rangers this game.
Some people said maybe Igor could have stolen this one or simply that he could have neutralized the opposition’s dump-in game. But no one is legitimately blaming Hank.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Kakko should be on Panarin's line next game

Wouldn't mind seeing Lettieri in for McKegg
O'Regan in for Fast who is likely out it seems

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I don't think Shesterkin would have necessarily won the game today, but you have to play him in Game 2 if he's ready. The team, for whatever reason, played better in front of him this year. They were giving him what seemed like nightly 3-5 goal support to him during February. Maybe it's his puckhandling, his temperament, or just sample-size randomness, but I feel like the team always plays worse in front of Hank than their other goalies.

zFm0SnA.png
I think this makes sense.

But I have one small concern. I just don’t want Igor rushing back and coming in to be “the savior”. Especially if he’s not 100%.

He’s mature enough to deal with it, I’d think. But I want the staff to prioritize Igor’s development even over this next game. His health, physical and mental, would be my number one priority.

Reactions: McSauer

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I’d insert Kravstov and Lettieri.
I’m not sure we need lineup changes. Just need to play better. Also the last change, which we’ll have in games three and four, I assume, could be a big factor.

e: of course, if Fast is out, giving Kravtsov a shot might make sense. At least until Lemieux is back.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
If Fast is injured *knock on wood* someone is coming in.
Yeah. You beat me to it. I added that caveat. I’d think a Fast injury would be a great excuse to give VK a cup of coffee. I’d go back to Lemieux once the suspension ends, though. Unless, of course, VK lights it up. Though I am pretty sure he won’t. But the experience would be terrific.

Reactions: Avery16

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
what bothers me is not being able to rely on this kid going forward. 3 weird out of the blue injuries now in a very short amount of time.

This REALLY bothers me, not going to lie. Idc that one happened outside the rink; he has taken his lumps from the moment he stepped into the NHL, and it concerns me deeply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad